Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 12-18-2019, 03:31 AM   #1
b0se
Human being with feelings

Default Smooth 6 - 1080P/HiDPI/Retina Theme [V2.1]

Smooth is released for free. If you use this theme and would like to say thanks/donate, I've just released my first EP (which was delayed about 6 weeks due to creating smooth, hah!), any support would be much appreciated!

There's no minimum, you can choose whatever amount you feel is right. If you enjoy atmospheric/dark/uplifting electronic (and sci-fi - read the story!), you may even enjoy it :¬)

Donate: Rozko - Iridescent on BandCamp

13/02/2020: Smooth V2.1 with standard/1080p support is released!

Please follow the 3 step installation guide (fonts, theme adjusters and theme files).

- 1080p support
- Windows versions (new/fixed fonts)
- Dark variation
- New MIDI Keyboard

*** The contents of the image list (“Image List”) contained within _LICENSE.TXT within the Smooth_6.reaperThemeZip is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License under the following terms ***

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

NoDerivatives — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you may not distribute the modified material.

Note: Once Smooth 6 is 100% finished and has been out in the world for a little while, I'll change the license to allow modifications. Until then, feel free to modify for your own personal use.

Scaling/Graphic problems? Font issues? Read the FAQ at the bottom of this post

Note: Large images! Select the REAPER 5 theme in the drop down in the footer of this page for automatic scaling

Default TCP (A) :

Full 4K link

Close up:

Note the stereo and dual pan on tracks 2, 3 and 7. Tip: The pan dial always has a silver dot in the centre, and a central top dot marker. The width dial has neither for better differentiation.

Fader (B) and big meter (C):

Alternative TCP (personal favourite):

Close up:

Enable the alternative TCP design via Options > Layouts > Track Panel > 150%_A Alt TCP:

TCP Master:

Note the FX parameters also.

Alternative TCP Fader (B):

Select via Options > Layouts > Track Panel > 150%_B Alt TCP

Envelope lanes:

Default MCP:

Full 4K link

Close up, showing various element states:

- Collapsed folder (tracks 6 and 15)
- MCP separators (available via Mixer layout options)
- FX, routing, mute, solo, phase and envelope states

Coloured Faders:

Select via Options > Layouts > Mixer Panel > "150%_A red/blue/green" etc

Coloured separator icons and active transport buttons (record, play, repeat):

Full screenshot using a different Reaper layout:

Full 4K link

MIDI:

Installing/Using Smooth 6

Download: Smooth 6 V2.1.zip (Fonts, Theme Adjuster and Theme files).

(Click the Open button top right, then select Download.)

**** MANDATORY ****

For the theme to work properly, you MUST follow these steps properly.

First, extract Smooth 6 V2.1.zip. It contains three numbered folders, which correspond to the below steps:

Step 1: Install Fonts

1) Install the two fonts (four files, Regular and Bold for each) on your system. Choose the Mac or Windows folder depending on your Operating System.

Step 2: Install Theme Adjusters

1) Open Reaper, select Options > "Show REAPER resource path in explorer/finder..."

2) Navigate to Scripts folder, then the Cockos folder which is contained within it.

3) Move/copy "Smooth_6_theme_adjuster.lua" and the other three files into the Cockos folder.

Step 3: Install Themes

1) In the main Reaper resources folder, navigate into the ColorThemes folder.

2) Copy the four Smooth theme files into the ColorThemes folder.

Step 4: Set Default TCP Height

The theme was designed for a specific track (TCP) height.

1) Go to Preferences > Project > Track/Send Defaults and set Default Track Height to SMALL:

Done. Go to Options > Themes and then choose Smooth (for Mac) or Smooth_Windows (for Windows). They are both light themes, and have _Dark variations.

Note: I don't like the phase button to be visible on the TCP. If you need to reveal it, just increase the track height, e.g.

Highly Recommended: Theme Adjuster Settings

If you love the look of the screenshots, copy these settings:

Note: If you use TCP meters (Layout B) make sure you use the same settings as shown above.

I've also created a default set of colours for Smooth:

Highlight tracks via MCP or TCP and click the colour on the strip to assign it.

Which translates to:

On that note...

Highly Recommended: Optimised Colours

While you can use any colours you like, the theme was designed with specific values in mind. Use a colour dropper on the SMOOTH colour palette (2 images above) to save them, or use these codes:

Code:
Colour #hex [RGB]
------------------------------
Red	#e4514e [228 81 78]
Orange	#d27831 [210 120 49]
Yellow	#beb24a [190 178 74]
Green	#529646 [82 150 70]
Teal	#45968c [69 150 140]
Blue	#437acb [67 122 203]
Indigo	#7f75e3 [127 117 227]
Violet	#a766c8 [167 102 200]
Highly Recommended: MCP Folder Icons

If you want these nice folder icons/actions:

Just click the 'i' icon on the master track and select Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children.

Big thank you to all the people who helped, especially PhelixK and synkrotron. Also Mordi, otsoa, Odys and lastly White Tie (amazing job coding WALTER, V6 theme structure and the Theme Adjuster).

P.S. If you're a fan of coloured MCP FX/send lists (I'm not, hence they're disabled by default) I've hidden an easter egg:

To enable it, you need to unpack the theme (there are guides on this forum), go to the 200 folder and remove the 'colour' extension from these files...

1) mcp_extmixbg.png.colour
2) mcp_extmixbgsel.png.colour

Remember to back the original files up first :¬)

FAQ

Does it support HiDPI?

Yes, it supports HiDPI and Retina.

Does it support 1080p?

Yes.

I'm a Windows user and the fonts are too big!

Select Smooth_6_Windows (or the Windows_Dark version) from the Options > Theme menu.

Does this theme work with the Theme Adjuster script?

Yes, the theme comes with it's own adjuster scripts that are available in Options > Themes > Theme Adjuster.

I get missing file errors when loading the Theme Adjuster

See "Step 2: Install Theme Adjuster" in the installation guide above. Make sure you place the file in Scripts/Cockos folder.

Can I hide/show TCP elements?

Yes, via the Theme Adjuster.

Does this have MCP separators?

Yes, access them via Options > Layouts > Mixer.

Any plans to replace the toolbar icons?

Maybe.

Will this work on dual screens that are HiDPI and 1080p?

Yes

The transport font is weird!

You must install the custom fonts.

How do I get coloured fader-caps layouts to automatically appear?

Use the SWS Autocolor/Icon/Layout extension; set the same shade of green used in Smooth for your drum tracks, then in the MCP Layout column of that screen, enter: 150%_A green (or whatever layout you want to use). Repeat for each colour/layout. Then under options, make sure "Auto-Track Coloring" and 'Enable Auto Track Layout" are enabled.

Thanks to PhelixK, synkrotron and Odys for the coding help. Also Mordi, glymur, otsoa and FunkyBot.

Big thanks to Ideosound for help with the 1080p conversion.

Last edited by b0se; 02-14-2020 at 04:22 AM.
b0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
dub3000

Looks good!
dub3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:01 AM   #3
geoffroy

Like it !
Old 12-18-2019, 04:31 AM   #4
synkrotron

Yes, very nice indeed b0se
Old 12-18-2019, 04:36 AM   #5
b0se

Thank you :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by synkrotron View Post
Yes, very nice indeed b0se
Cheers! I was following your own thread, you seem to have wrapped your head around the technical side of theming very well indeed.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:18 AM   #6
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
I was following your own thread, you seem to have wrapped your head around the technical side of theming very well indeed.
Thanks

Certainly the simpler stuff... I had to give up trying to follow WT's complex code in the R5 and R6 themes. And my graphics ain't a patch on yours. But I'm certainly enjoying it
Old 12-18-2019, 05:49 AM   #7
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
the 1px line that is auto generated by Reaper for the pan and volume is too thin in HiDPI - is it possible to increase the width?
I'm afraid not. It Scales the length but not the width; this is just one of the things that hasn't been got to yet.

There are very sensible practical arguments for using the code pointers in the default theme, but I would suggest there are very few arguments for anyone else using them. Use a bitmap stack and never look back
Old 12-18-2019, 06:04 AM   #8
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

It looks very good ! Congratulations, it is a theme i would enjoy using
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:58 AM   #9
b0se

Quote:
Thanks

Certainly the simpler stuff... I had to give up trying to follow WT's complex code in the R5 and R6 themes. And my graphics ain't a patch on yours. But I'm certainly enjoying it
I still need to wrap my head around it, as it stands I'm replacing graphics 1:1 and not touching rtconfig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
I'm afraid not. It Scales the length but not the width; this is just one of the things that hasn't been got to yet.

There are very sensible practical arguments for using the code pointers in the default theme, but I would suggest there are very few arguments for anyone else using them. Use a bitmap stack and never look back
Ah OK, I'll put a feature request in as it's such a handy feature. I'll make do with a 1px line for now :¬)

Apologies for asking such a question, but I can't for the life of me find where/how to use an overlay image on the MCP background (top colour section). Am I missing something obvious? Been stumped for about 30 minutes!

Last edited by b0se; 12-18-2019 at 07:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 07:10 AM   #10
synkrotron

Quote:
I still need to wrap my head around it, as it stands I'm replacing graphics 1:1 and not touching rtconfig.
Ah, I see. Well, it is great what you can do with just altering the graphics

What graphics software(s) do you use?
Old 12-18-2019, 07:24 AM   #11
b0se

Quote:
Ah, I see. Well, it is great what you can do with just altering the graphics

What graphics software(s) do you use?
Working within boundaries can go either way. Thankfully V6 (like the versions before, I'm sure) is designed in such a way you can jump straight in.

Photoshop :¬)
Old 12-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #12
lerian

Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post

Anyone with the same problem can use this one i made for my v6 mod, if its still 22px in size. Or use KnobMan to make your own stack then rename it to section_function_knob_stack.png

You can find more about what images reaper is using here: https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/images.php
Attached Files
File Type: zip 22px_knob_stack.zip (2.6 KB, 922 views)
lerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #13
lerian

Quote:
Apologies for asking such a question, but I can't for the life of me find where/how to use an overlay image on the MCP background (top colour section). Am I missing something obvious? Been stumped for about 30 minutes!
You will have to enlarge the png provided, and depending on what you want to do with it add pink lines or not. Mine just adds a bit of shade for the controls to be easily visible even in lighter colors, and also stretches the upper section for the FX to blend in.

Notice the first transparent square from the top down, thats where the upper colored section is.
Attached Images
File Type: png mcp_bg.png (1.2 KB, 1024 views)
Old 12-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #14
nait

CLEAN!

I love this look so far. I planned on doing my own theme eventually, maybe over Christmas. But I might not bother, if this can be run on 1080p screens. Can it? That's all I have, unfortunately.
My Rig (also serves as my gaming PC): MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Mobo, Ryzen R9 3900X, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Evo 500gb NVMe, Crucial 1TB NVMe, NVidia RTX 2080 Super, Arturia Minifuse 2, Nektar Impact LX25+ MIDI Controller Keyboard.
nait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:20 PM   #15
b0se

Long day, but made good progress. Envelopes finished:

MCP done (bar the main colour bit):

Still need to do FX/Send lists and Transport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerian View Post
Looking good!

Anyone with the same problem can use this one i made for my v6 mod, if its still 22px in size. Or use KnobMan to make your own stack then rename it to section_function_knob_stack.png

You can find more about what images reaper is using here: https://www.reaper.fm/sdk/walter/images.php
Thanks!

Ah, that stack would have been perfect. I'm running 2x scale (200) so it's too small unfortunately. This is taking too much time already so I'm not going to make a stack, it'll take me ages (wondering how to do that in PS). Want to get this finished and released as soon as possible :¬)

Quote:
You will have to enlarge the png provided, and depending on what you want to do with it add pink lines or not. Mine just adds a bit of shade for the controls to be easily visible even in lighter colors, and also stretches the upper section for the FX to blend in.

Notice the first transparent square from the top down, thats where the upper colored section is.
Ohhh cheers! I'll grab and have a play with this image and see what's what. Much appreciated :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nait View Post
CLEAN!

I love this look so far. I planned on doing my own theme eventually, maybe over Christmas. But I might not bother, if this can be run on 1080p screens. Can it? That's all I have, unfortunately.
Thank you. I've made all the images (PSD files) for the HiDPI version. If you're willing to resize them for standard 1080p I'm happy to give you the source files.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:37 PM   #16
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

It looks very, very good
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #17
Joe90

Quote:
mcp_bg.png
and mcp_bgsel.png

Theme is looking good Bose. I'm nearly done modding 6.0 for my needs now - the last hurdle was getting the track names above the mixer and still sticking while resizing, but I just about figured it out last night.

White Tie - I was checking out your walter guide to figure out the above, and the hitchhikers reference made me smile immediately. I had the one all in one version of that 'trilogy of five' growing up, and I think it's still my favourite book to this day.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 02:07 AM   #18
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
mcp_bg.png
and mcp_bgsel.png
Depending on what you want to achieve, there are a few more images to tweak than those mentioned here.

For instance;

mcp_volbg.png
mcp_vol_label.png
meter_bg_mcp.png
Old 12-19-2019, 03:46 AM   #19
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
mcp_bg.png
and mcp_bgsel.png

Theme is looking good Bose. I'm nearly done modding 6.0 for my needs now - the last hurdle was getting the track names above the mixer and still sticking while resizing, but I just about figured it out last night.

White Tie - I was checking out your walter guide to figure out the above, and the hitchhikers reference made me smile immediately. I had the one all in one version of that 'trilogy of five' growing up, and I think it's still my favourite book to this day.
Quote:
Depending on what you want to achieve, there are a few more images to tweak than those mentioned here.

For instance;

mcp_volbg.png
mcp_vol_label.png
meter_bg_mcp.png
Thanks fellas, got it sorted! Happy days :¬)

Couple of minor niggles though...

1) How do I stop the mcp pan font from changing colour on active selection? I'd also like to make the normal (not selected) pan text more transparent - too bright atm.

2) Any idea how to theme these two bits (so I can keep the track margins connected top to bottom)?

Really appreciate the help!

I'll get started on the transport now. Hope to have that done (along with the sends/receives) today.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:25 AM   #20
synkrotron

Looking good

I'll have a quick butchers at those questions and answer one at a time, if I can.

First of all, a quick one about the pan knob label.

At the moment the default code reads:-

Code:
set mcp.width.label.color   val_color
So you could change out the "val_color" for something like [255 255 255] instead. Or if you want to experiment with shadings/transparency/background you could use all eight coordinates.

What I would do is "comment out" the original code, in case you want to go back to it, and put in a new line of your own.

cheers

andy
Old 12-19-2019, 04:29 AM   #21
b0se

Quote:
Looking good

I'll have a quick butchers at those questions and answer one at a time, if I can.

First of all, a quick one about the pan knob label.

At the moment the default code reads:-

Code:
set mcp.width.label.color   val_color
So you could change out the "val_color" for something like [255 255 255] instead. Or if you want to experiment with shadings/transparency/background you could use all eight coordinates.

What I would do is "comment out" the original code, in case you want to go back to it, and put in a new line of your own.

cheers

andy
Ah, I came across val_colour before and couldn't find where it was being instantiated.

I'll try with 255 255 255 XXX, which I think is the alpha transparency.

Thanks dude!
Old 12-19-2019, 04:39 AM   #22
synkrotron

Question 2)

Have a look at the images mcp_vol_label.png and mcp_namebg.png

It is in those images that you still have some border lines on on the left.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:59 AM   #23
Vagalume

Really cool, I love the fx and io buttons ... maybe you can do something to get the armed track button a little different to Reaper's style
Vagalume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:00 AM   #24
b0se

Thank you! I'll finish the transport Photoshop mockup then give it a pop. Sweet.

BTW - do you know how to reorder elements? I'd like to swap the repeat button with the stop/pause bit. Repeat in between play and stop feels unintuitive to me, they're a universally mated pair :¬)
Old 12-19-2019, 05:04 AM   #25
Judders

It's looking really nice, good work.

Are the track colours tinted like V5, or is it WYSIWYG in the colour picker like V6?

Quote:
BTW - do you know how to reorder elements? I'd like to swap the repeat button with the stop/pause bit. Repeat in between play and stop feels unintuitive to me, they're a universally mated pair :¬)
White Tie has mentioned that in one of the V6 theme threads, but I can't remember which one, sorry. The information is around here somewhere!
Judders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 05:09 AM   #26
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagalume View Post
Really cool, I love the fx and io buttons ... maybe you can do something to get the armed track button a little different to Reaper's style
I love that arm style, it'll be staying Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
It's looking really nice, good work.

Are the track colours tinted like V5, or is it WYSIWYG in the colour picker like V6?

White Tie has mentioned that in one of the V6 theme threads, but I can't remember which one, sorry. The information is around here somewhere!
Thanks!

They tinted darker, I'll be providing the 'perfect' palette of colours (with codes), so people can use the optimised versions.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:15 AM   #27
Judders

One last question: are you planning to keep the folder borders from the default V6 theme?
Old 12-19-2019, 05:18 AM   #28
synkrotron

Quote:
Thank you! I'll finish the transport Photoshop mockup then give it a pop. Sweet.

It's complicated...

The default theme WALTER code has to take into account that peeps want to play with how the transport sits in their preferred layout. So some will have it docked or floating. So that code kind of loses me.

If you know that you can get away with a fixed transport setup, always docked or floating and you are not faffing with the size of its window then you can do something similar to what I have done. I can post the code here if you like.

Of course, if you are offering your theme up for others to use then you have to somehow get your head around the default code.

The default code, allowing much tweaking by the user in REAPER, is something like 120 lines of code (not including comments and blank lines). My "fixed code" is just 22 lines of code.

Assuming you want to stick as much as you can to the default code, this is what you need to look at:-

Code:
	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.repeat sec_buttons] [size_repeat{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
In order to move things around you have to remember to also change the text inside the square brackets to suit.

For instance, the location of the FWD button is linked to the location of the REW button currently. So in the square brackets for the FWD button, the position of the REW button is used in the calculation for its coordinates.

I did do this in an early experimentation before I started creating my own. This is the code for that:-

Code:
	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.pause sec_buttons] [size_pause{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
You can see where I have changed the order of the buttons. Pay attention to the code using in each button's coordinate calculation.

I realise I've probably complicated things with all my typing there!

I hope it helps
Old 12-19-2019, 05:28 AM   #29
lerian

I just commented the default and reordered and it worked

Code:
; draw content in sec_buttons
;	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
;	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
;	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
;	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
;	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
;	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.repeat sec_buttons] [size_repeat{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
;	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]

set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.pause sec_buttons] [size_pause{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
Old 12-19-2019, 05:30 AM   #30
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judders View Post
One last question: are you planning to keep the folder borders from the default V6 theme?
On the MCP? Probably not, I'll customise those when I've finished the transport.

Quote:
It's complicated...

The default theme WALTER code has to take into account that peeps want to play with how the transport sits in their preferred layout. So some will have it docked or floating. So that code kind of loses me.

If you know that you can get away with a fixed transport setup, always docked or floating and you are not faffing with the size of its window then you can do something similar to what I have done. I can post the code here if you like.

Of course, if you are offering your theme up for others to use then you have to somehow get your head around the default code.

The default code, allowing much tweaking by the user in REAPER, is something like 120 lines of code (not including comments and blank lines). My "fixed code" is just 22 lines of code.

Assuming you want to stick as much as you can to the default code, this is what you need to look at:-

Code:
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.repeat sec_buttons] [size_repeat{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
In order to move things around you have to remember to also change the text inside the square brackets to suit.

For instance, the location of the FWD button is linked to the location of the REW button currently. So in the square brackets for the FWD button, the position of the REW button is used in the calculation for its coordinates.

I did do this in an early experimentation before I started creating my own. This is the code for that:-

Code:
	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]
	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.pause sec_buttons] [size_pause{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
You can see where I have changed the order of the buttons. Pay attention to the code using in each button's coordinate calculation.

I realise I've probably complicated things with all my typing there!

I hope it helps
Heck, thanks so much. I'll have a look into it after I've got it all working in the current order.

Nearly there (mockup), just need to design the repeat/loop button:

Old 12-19-2019, 05:31 AM   #31
b0se

Quote:

Code:
;	set trans.rew                	+ [sec_buttons sec_buttons] [size_rew size_rew size_rew size_rew]
;	set trans.fwd                	+ + [trans.rew sec_buttons] [size_rew{2}] [size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd size_fwd]
;	set trans.rec                	+ + [trans.fwd sec_buttons] [size_fwd{2}] [size_rec size_rec size_rec size_rec]
;	set trans.play               	+ + [trans.rec sec_buttons] [size_rec{2}] [size_play size_play size_play size_play]
;	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
;	set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.repeat sec_buttons] [size_repeat{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
;	set trans.pause              	+ + [trans.stop sec_buttons] [size_stop{2}] [size_pause size_pause size_pause size_pause]

set trans.stop               	+ + [trans.play sec_buttons] [size_play{2}] [size_stop size_stop size_stop size_stop]
	set trans.repeat             	+ + [trans.pause sec_buttons] [size_pause{2}] [size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat size_repeat]
Wow, hope that works here too! Thank you.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:32 AM   #32
Judders

Quote:
On the MCP? Probably not, I'll customise those when I've finished the transport.
Cool, thanks for the answer. I'll stop bothering you now so you can get back to work.
Old 12-19-2019, 05:45 AM   #33
synkrotron

Quote:
Not quite true.

You re-ordered it but, as I stated in my post above, you also changed the code inside the square brackets to suit that new order.

For instance, for the Stop button, the commented out code:-

Code:
and the modified code:-

Code:
Old 12-19-2019, 06:14 AM   #34
lerian

Quote:
Not quite true.
You are right, i copied the code from another thread and forgot about it, it looked to me just as reordering. Sorry for giving false info. But it works just like that, and i think i also resized some buttons without any problems.
Old 12-19-2019, 06:17 AM   #35
synkrotron

Quote:
You are right, i copied the code from another thread and forgot about it, it looked to me just as reordering. Sorry for giving false info. But it works just like that, and i think i also resized some buttons without any problems.
Okay

Yeah, it's not that difficult I suppose. I think my previous post made it sound a lot more difficult.

cheers

andy
Old 12-19-2019, 06:40 AM   #36
Herr Nox

Great work! I love your faders.
Old 12-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #37
b0se

Cheers fellas, back from lunch and am now porting over into the theme. Going to match the graphics 1:1 to start with, then will try re-ordering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr Nox View Post
Great work! I love your faders.
Thank you! They are the third (or fourth) iteration, put a lot of effort into them.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:25 AM   #38
PhelixK

Hey b0se! I just stumbled upon this thread, your mod is looking really promising, can’t wait to try it out, if shared of cause

– and, it’s really funny when I look at the I/O color indicators, you and I have almost same idea for an alternative solution. I did both a vertical and a horizontal edition just like yours. I think I’m going with vertical, omitting the button and instead use a simple roll-over like this example:

Anyway, a thing I notice is that you might have swapped blue and yellow?

I don’t think there’s a convention about the order of appearance, but personally I’m planning on using my v6-mod together with dopp_fxlist (script), where the I/O color indication will correspond if using g-y-b. Perhaps there are other examples.

Again, yours is looking really great, a lot of work!

Last edited by PhelixK; 06-16-2021 at 02:39 PM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:36 AM   #39
Crumbfort

This is looking really great! Looking forward to trying it out (and if it ends up syncing well with my workflow I'll definitely donate!).
Crumbfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 08:46 AM   #40
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hey b0se! I just stumbled upon this thread, your mod is looking really promising, can’t wait to try it out, if shared of cause

– and, it’s really funny when I look at the I/O color indicators, you and I have almost same idea for an alternative solution. I did both a vertical and a horizontal edition just like yours. I think I’m going with vertical, omitting the button and instead use a simple roll-over like this example:

Anyway, a thing I notice is that you might have swapped blue and yellow?

I don’t think there’s a convention about the order of appearance, but personally I’m planning on using my v6-mod together with dopp_fxlist (script), where the I/O color indication will correspond if using g-y-b. Perhaps there are other examples.

Again, yours is looking really great, a lot of work!
That looks very nice, love the minimalism. I'll keep the button for two reasons though: 1) consistency (as per the TCP) and 2) a visual anchor point. Long story here, but I found that with a dark button (to match mute and solo) the MCP list was too dark; not enough visual cues to determine spacing/locations via peripheral vision. Looked nice with faders all aligned, but when testing in a busy mix, the faders are scattered all over and don't provide consistency.

LOVE the idea though, I didn't test with no button at all due to the above. Hmmm :¬)

You're right, the colours are swapped. I must have done by accident on the Photoshop mockup. I'll swap them back. That'll take some time but worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbfort View Post
This is looking really great! Looking forward to trying it out (and if it ends up syncing well with my workflow I'll definitely donate!).
Thanks! I'll be releasing it for free.