Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 09-21-2019, 05:22 PM   #41
Breeder
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscus View Post
I made a fresh install of Reaper and ReWorked, but the when opening Reaper, the welcome message keeps coming and the Paths are reset to ReWorked-Default.

Besides that, I'm stoked about the extension. I've been fiddling around with reaper for quite a while but wasn't aware it's so cutomizable. I really like the little writing tools like the chord pad or scale finder.

Cheers Triscus
Ups, my mistake. Please feel free to redownload - it should work now.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:39 PM   #42
hopi

Br... maybe the manual king, Nicholas would consider a manual for it?
he already has the skills...
Old 09-22-2019, 02:33 AM   #43
Triscus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
Ups, my mistake. Please feel free to redownload - it should work now.
It works now, thank you very much
Triscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:22 AM   #44
coolbass

SOLVED!

Yesterday I bought the premium content. The dowload link does not work!!!
I emailed. No answer.
This isn't good enough.

Last edited by coolbass; 09-22-2019 at 06:14 PM. Reason: solved
coolbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 03:04 PM   #45
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
Yesterday I bought the premium content. The dowload link does not work!!!
I emailed. No answer.
This isn't good enough.
I did answer you. Please check your spam - I'll contact you through PM on the forum to make sure you got it. Sorry for the trouble, there have been problems with website host - it should be sorted now.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:14 PM   #46
coolbass

Quote:
I did answer you. Please check your spam - I'll contact you through PM on the forum to make sure you got it. Sorry for the trouble, there have been problems with website host - it should be sorted now.
Ok, my spamfilter caught it.
This time the link worked.
Thank you.
coolbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 07:14 PM   #47
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbass View Post
Ok, my spamfilter caught it.
This time the link worked.
Thank you.
And thank you for supporting the project, hope it's useful to you!
Old 09-25-2019, 09:26 AM   #48
Jed9999

Quote:
Let's call it all-around then! ;D
What about "ReImagined"?? I think it works better for the purpose.

By the way, great job on that mate, i think i'll stick with it for a while and see if it fits my workflow, but so far, it's really great.
Old 09-25-2019, 12:38 PM   #49
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
Br... maybe the manual king, Nicholas would consider a manual for it?
he already has the skills...
I already thought about that - well, when things take off, I will definitely contact him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoney2500 View Post
Respect for all the effort. This is not an easy task.
Thank you - OCD madness was what drove me into this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed9999 View Post
What about "ReImagined"?? I think it works better for the purpose.

By the way, great job on that mate, i think i'll stick with it for a while and see if it fits my workflow, but so far, it's really great.
You know, I actually did contemplate that but I used the word ReWorked ever since I started and it ended up as name for many folders etc...so I just left it.

Thanks for trying it out man, I hope it goes well!
Old 09-25-2019, 11:28 PM   #50
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed9999 View Post
What about "ReImagined"?? I
I do like this !

As with this setup suggestion (happily !!!) noting in the basics of Reaper is "reworked", but the look and feel is (partially) re-phrased to fit a dedicated (and viable !!!) purpose.
-Michael
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 05:09 AM   #51
stemarsi

First of all, I'm using a portable version, but I have a problem with the effects rack, that is the effects of my most used chain, but when I touch F to hide it and then recall the effects rack, all the effects are gone with F, where I'm wrong?
stemarsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 01:09 AM   #52
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemarsi View Post
First of all, I'm using a portable version, but I have a problem with the effects rack, that is the effects of my most used chain, but when I touch F to hide it and then recall the effects rack, all the effects are gone with F, where I'm wrong?
If you do any changes to FX Rack and want to save it permanently, select all of the tracks belonging to FX Rack, right-click those tracks and go to ‘Insert… -> Save track template…’. Then, navigate to this folder:

C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ REAPER ReWorked - Global Data\internal_track_templates

Once there, overwrite the file ‘FX Rack.RTrackTemplate’. Note that REAPER ReWorked expects to find that exact file there so do not rename it or move it, otherwise FX Rack feature won’t be able to work properly.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:14 AM   #53
stemarsi

OK thanks
stemarsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 03:08 AM   #54
Smart-Sound

Site is not working now.
Smart-Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 01:47 PM   #55
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smart-Sound View Post
Site is not working now.
It works on my side, can you try one more time?
Old 10-22-2019, 02:06 PM   #56
Rangler

I would like to try it on the side while still have my normal Reaper settings so I can try it out without messing with my configurations.

I used Housofwhitetie and didn't like it and went back to my normal routine. Can I do the same without lots of changes?
Old 10-23-2019, 01:32 PM   #57
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangler View Post
I would like to try it on the side while still have my normal Reaper settings so I can try it out without messing with my configurations.

I used Housofwhitetie and didn't like it and went back to my normal routine. Can I do the same without lots of changes?
The route I recommend in the user guide is using portable installation.

Another way might be to simply copy the included scripts to REAPER scripts folder and then import keymap and menu sets from REAPER ReWorked - I didn't try this approach so I have no idea if there are any roadblocks, but in theory, it should work.

You can find REAPER ReWorked and KeyMaps in these folders:

KeyMaps\REAPER ReWorked Keymap.ReaperKeyMap
MenuSets\REAPER ReWorked Menu and Toolbar Set.ReaperMenuSet

So you would copy the whole folder 'Scripts' to REAPER resource folder and then import these two files through REAPER itself. And of course, make sure to backup all your REAPER folders before doing this.

edit:
I thought about this more so here's the addendum to this answer:

REAPER ReWorked has been in the works for years and it has all sorts of goodies that are connected with each other to create one complete whole. To separate them would be troublesome to say the least.

Just importing menus, keysets and scripts isn't enough. You would miss custom screensets which are tuned to work with 8 themes that come pre-installed and are also modified so they all preserve various layouts through changes. Also, REAPER ReWorked uses a few custom JS effects to run some stuff like BPM Calculator, Sequencer (and that sequencer also uses special MCP layouts that are the same for every of 8 pre-installed themes) etc. Then there are startup actions and SWS cycle actions that are needed to make stuff work. And a bunch of other stuff I probably forgot.

Last edited by Breeder; 11-03-2019 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-24-2019, 06:46 AM   #58
Rangler

Quote:
The route I recommend in the user guide is using portable installation.

Another way might be to simply copy the included scripts to REAPER scripts folder and then import keymap and menu sets from REAPER ReWorked - I didn't try this approach so I have no idea if there are any roadblocks, but in theory, it should work.

You can find REAPER ReWorked and KeyMaps in these folders:

KeyMaps\REAPER ReWorked Keymap.ReaperKeyMap
MenuSets\REAPER ReWorked Menu and Toolbar Set.ReaperMenuSet

So you would copy the whole folder 'Scripts' to REAPER resource folder and then import these two files through REAPER itself. And of course, make sure to backup all your REAPER folders before doing this.
I would love to use the portable solution, but I'm using all of my USB ports for making music. Maybe I can make a virtual quarantined drive and stick everything in there for my MacBook.
Old 10-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #59
Breeder

Quote:
I would love to use the portable solution, but I'm using all of my USB ports for making music. Maybe I can make a virtual quarantined drive and stick everything in there for my MacBook.
You don't need usb stick to use portable installation. Simply install in some folder of your choosing and run REAPER.exe from that folder. Portable installation means you have every REAPER configuration file and any executable in one folder. When installing REAPER there's an option to do a portable installation - after you chose that option, simply pick a folder of your choosing. For example, 'C:\REAPER'
Old 10-24-2019, 01:33 PM   #60
Rangler

Quote:
You don't need usb stick to use portable installation. Simply install in some folder of your choosing and run REAPER.exe from that folder. Portable installation means you have every REAPER configuration file and any executable in one folder. When installing REAPER there's an option to do a portable installation - after you chose that option, simply pick a folder of your choosing. For example, 'C:\REAPER'
Cool, it works. That's a really interesting workflow and about a thousand times different than what I'm used to. Thanks.
Old 10-26-2019, 12:26 PM   #61
Breeder

Quote:
Cool, it works. That's a really interesting workflow and about a thousand times different than what I'm used to. Thanks.
Hope it works for you - let us know on this topic if you like it (if not, best to keep it to yourself )
Old 10-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #62
Mottemania

I got a new problem.

I chose to use ReWorked with my Desktop-PC. All set and go. Now my projects I used 10 minutes before aren't working. The transport is blinking yellow. The manual says that the audio device is underrun. Whatever that means?!

I checked the driver and the audio device preference. These are all fine.

Do you have any idea what is going on?
Mottemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #63
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mottemania View Post
I got a new problem.

I chose to use ReWorked with my Desktop-PC. All set and go. Now my projects I used 10 minutes before aren't working. The transport is blinking yellow. The manual says that the audio device is underrun. Whatever that means?!

I checked the driver and the audio device preference. These are all fine.

Do you have any idea what is going on?
I think I know what's going on. I left Anticipative FX processing disabled by accident.

Go to Main Menu->View->Preferences and then under Audio/Buffering enable Anticipative FX processing checkbox.

It's usually always better to have it turned on, but in my case it has seemed to work better without it so it stayed turned off while I was preparing REAPER ReWorked for public launch. Good catch, thank you very much!

Last edited by Breeder; 10-27-2019 at 05:27 PM.
Old 11-03-2019, 05:25 AM   #64
Stirner

I have a problem, that is explained here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....29#post2198629

Keyboard input doesnt't work properly in some VSTi, especially Massive X, and people say it shouldn't be the case with standard Reaper. I installed Reworked und adjusted it a little (menues and added some MIDI controller shortcuts)

Are there some hidden settings, that can solve this problem.

I also noted that Ctrl-S shortcut - "Save all FX as chain" - in the FX window doesn't work. Is it disabled in Reworked?
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:00 AM   #65
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirner View Post
I have a problem, that is explained here:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....29#post2198629

Keyboard input doesnt't work properly in some VSTi, especially Massive X, and people say it shouldn't be the case with standard Reaper. I installed Reworked und adjusted it a little (menues and added some MIDI controller shortcuts)

Are there some hidden settings, that can solve this problem.

I also noted that Ctrl-S shortcut - "Save all FX as chain" - in the FX window doesn't work. Is it disabled in Reworked?
Yes, some plugins can we wonky when it comes to keyboard input, but thankfully there's a solution for those. REAPER has an option to send all keyboard input to plug-in - it's per-plug-in option and can be set in FX chain window by selecting the desired plugins and then going to Menu->FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in:

You can also do it for each plug-in when it's floating by clicking the + button next to the preset selector:

Also note that REAPER has an option to determine the scope of the shortcut (so it either works when arrange/MIDI editor has the focus or in the whole program or in the whole program even when some edit field has the focus). But usage of these global shortcuts is rare in REAPER ReWorked (sort actions in the action list by shortcut to see which one are set as global - they have (g) or (g+) prefix)

When you're adding new shortcuts or editing existing one, you can edit it here:

Regarding Ctr+S and saving FX chains from FX windows - there's an option to enable those shortcuts in FX window itself. Go to Menu->Options->Ignore FX chain window shortcuts (send to main window):

Last edited by Breeder; 11-03-2019 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:16 PM   #66
Stirner

Quote:
REAPER has an option to send all keyboard input to plug-in - it's per-plug-in option and can be set in FX chain window by selecting the desired plugins and then going to Menu->FX->Send all keyboard input to plug-in

Regarding Ctr+S and saving FX chains from FX windows - there's an option to enable those shortcuts in FX window itself. Go to Menu->Options->Ignore FX chain window shortcuts (send to main window):
Yes! It works. Such an easy solution. Thanx Master!
Stirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #67
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirner View Post
Yes! It works. Such an easy solution. Thanx Master!
No problem, glad it's working for you! I agree that FX chain shortcuts should work out-of-the-box so I updated the installation with that in mind - thanks for finding this omission.
Old 11-09-2019, 03:30 PM   #68
Buy One

In keeping with the tradition could have been named ReaWorked
Buy One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:01 AM   #69
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
In keeping with the tradition could have been named ReaWorked
Buy a commercial licence and I might change it just for you. Deal?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:16 AM   #70
Buy One

Quote:
Buy a commercial licence and I might change it just for you. Deal?
I appreciate your business attitude, and the slew of your action scripts, but my idea is free of charge.

For the record there was no hidden agenda in my comment to provoke a snide response.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #71
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
I appreciate your business attitude, and the slew of your action scripts, but my idea is free of charge.

For the record there was no hidden agenda in my comment to provoke a snide response.
It was a simple joke because you're the third person with this kind of comment. In the end, you get this for free and premium content consists of a miniscule amount of stuff when compared to the real stuff (which I repeat again, is free)

They say even bad publicity is good publicity, but I would still be delighted if we are commenting features instead of bashing the name which in the end really isn't that relevant.
Old 11-12-2019, 05:32 AM   #72
Buy One

Right, the forum is full of 3d persons, how dare they even speak out? I guess I'm guilty of using free stuff for free, please forgive me.
Old 11-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #73
Breeder

Updated to 1.183

Code:
v1.183 (November 25, 2019)
  - Functionality: Do not enable/disable monitoring FX when loading new projects in certain cases
  - Menus: A handful of small improvements to naming and organization
  - Actions: Added the action to show REAPER ReWorked What's New

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 05:02 PM   #74
Pashkuli
Banned

This is the one! Many thanks!
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:02 AM   #75
Marcus2323

Default How do you uninstall ReWorked?

I want to go back to the regular Reaper looking window. How do you do this? There is no Uninstall instructions.

Thanks....looks nice but way too crowded for me.
Marcus2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 02:26 PM   #76
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus2323 View Post
I want to go back to the regular Reaper looking window. How do you do this? There is no Uninstall instructions.

Thanks....looks nice but way too crowded for me.
Hide the top toolbar I guess? View->Top toolbar.

If you want to remove stuff from the main toolbar, you can also resize it to hide non-default icons (instead of removing them all together by right-clicking the empty space in main toolbar and selecting Customize toolbar...). You will need to resave window screensets thought (ctrl+alt+w) so it sticks (window screensets store the main toolbar length)

You can't really uninstall REAPER ReWorked - you can just install clean REAPER installation and start over without it. To "clean it up", I guess you could reset toolbars/menus to their defaults and do the same with shortcuts. Then you would resave windows screensets and I presume that would make it look and feel as vanilla REAPER, but will all the stuff included in case you want to reuse them.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:48 PM   #77
Marcus2323

Default ReWorked removed....

I just deleted the folders that came with the ReWorked zip file and reinstalled reaper.

Just had to add a couple VST folders....all good TVs
Marcus2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:33 PM   #78
Breeder

Updated to 1.33

Code:
v1.33 (December 3, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0 or above)
  - Menus: Updates for REAPER 6 compatibility
  - Menus: Added various entries related to item media cues
  - Menus: Added transport and automation entries to arrange and ruler menus
  - Menus: Added automation entries to envelope menus
  - Menus: Added audio analysis entries to item menus
  - Menus: A lot of small updates and improvements
  - Theming: Updates for REAPER 6 compatibility
  - Actions: Added the action to show REAPER preferences from MIDI editor (used in menus)
  - Actions: Color selector always focuses tracks when opened for the first time
  - Extensions: Updated SWS to v2.11.0
  - Toolbar: Fix copy/paste track color toolbar button so it doesn't engage when pressed if there is no track selection
  - Shortcuts: Changed shortcut to show tempo envelope from 'Alt+Shift+T' to 'Alt+T'
  - Installer: Simplified folder structure
  - Installer: Automatically quit REAPER after updating/installing REAPER ReWorked

Last edited by Breeder; 01-11-2020 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:17 AM   #79
Pashkuli
Banned

Quote:
Updated to 1.33

Code:
v1.33 (December 3, 2019) (requires REAPER 6.0)
  - Menus: Updates for REAPER 6 compatibility
  - Menus: Added various entries related to item media cues
  - Menus: Added transport and automation entries to arrange and ruler menus
  - Menus: Added automation entries to envelope menus
  - Menus: Added audio analysis entries to item menus
  - Menus: A lot of small updates and improvements
  - Theming: Updates for REAPER 6 compatibility
  - Actions: Added the action to show REAPER preferences from MIDI editor (used in menus)
  - Actions: Color selector always focuses tracks when opened for the first time
  - Extensions: Updated SWS to v2.11.0
  - Toolbar: Fix copy/paste track color toolbar button so it doesn't engage when pressed if there is no track selection
  - Shortcuts: Changed shortcut to show tempo envelope from 'Alt+Shift+T' to 'Alt+T'
  - Installer: Simplified folder structure
  - Installer: Automatically quit REAPER after updating/installing REAPER ReWorked
Wow, that was fast. Thank you a lot, Breeder!
Unfortunately there are some discrepancies with the new theme and the cycled themes that come with ReWorked. Not a big deal, but seems I can't make the Reaper Deafult_6.0_Theme to appear correctly.
Pashkuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 09:15 AM   #80
kudlatiy

your site in unavailable
kudlatiy is offline   Reply With Quote