Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 09-28-2017, 02:09 AM   #41
radekdolezi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippertag View Post
Would you please check if the plugin is working correctly, too when the track channel count is more than 2?
I forgot to mention i run 32 instances of C1 VST3 version – one instance per track ... and everything runs smooth. But i haven't tested the drawmer as the module – just SSL4000 and British Class A channels strips.
radekdolezi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 02:29 AM   #42
radekdolezi

I've just changed the compressor module of 4 instances/tracks to Drawmer and it runs smooth as well. How is your Reaper preferences - audio - buffering - anticipative fx processing? There is 200 as default – but i changed it to higher amount earlier. That's something which could affect the smooth playback as well, try to change the value. I don't have another advice now.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:02 AM   #43
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by radekdolezi View Post
I've just changed the compressor module of 4 instances/tracks to Drawmer and it runs smooth as well. How is your Reaper preferences - audio - buffering - anticipative fx processing? There is 200 as default – but i changed it to higher amount earlier. That's something which could affect the smooth playback as well, try to change the value. I don't have another advice now.
Hey radek,

thank you for testing and the hint with the buffering.

But the issue has nothing to do with the number of instances - it's only a matter of the NUMBER OF CHANNELS within ONE TRACK.

Please use console on ONE TRACK and raise the number of Channels to 4 on that track. Then check what the knobs for Amount and Gain are effecting.

The issue is not that it ain't running smooth - the issue is, that the knobs are no longer doing what they do on tracks with only ONE stereo channel. You may want to try Drawmer outside of console... I don't own console...

I got aware of the bug not directly, but when I turned the amount knob far left or far right. When you don't touch em, the bug is not audible because then it's in the middle position and still balanced...

Thank you !
skippertag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #44
radekdolezi

skippertag: yes – you're right, there is some trouble with pin editor within VST3 versions of softube plugins – i'll try to ask them too
Old 09-28-2017, 01:00 PM   #45
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by radekdolezi View Post
skippertag: yes – you're right, there is some trouble with pin editor within VST3 versions of softube plugins – i'll try to ask them too
Don't get me wrong now - but I'm a little happy that I'm not any longer the only one posting that issue to softube....

This bug is only occuring with the vst3 versions of softube. The regular vst(2) are correct. Is there a vst2-version of console available?

Acustica-Audio solved their issue with N4 within a really short time - I actually cannot believe that the softube developers working on further vst3 plugins as long as they don't know how to make them work with mutlichannels (in Reaper).... it can't be too hard, can it?

Thanks again !

Last edited by skippertag; 09-29-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #46
introvert

I'm seeing it too. When inserting the VST3 version of the plugin on a track with greater than two channels, it appears to revert to a mono instance with a single mono sidechain input.

On a track with two channels, it operates in stereo.

This actually kind of works well for me because, when I do multichannel tracks, I'm generally panning mono sources to surround. But if you're working with true multichannel content, or using it on a multichannel bus, that would obviously not work well. Having the thing operate as a multichannel plugin would be ideal.

But not every plugin I own operates as multichannel. FabFilter stuff doesn't, for example, which drives me nuts with regards to bus processing in surround mixes.

I'd be curious to know whether they think this is even within the scope of the tool. iZotope essentially told me no way when I asked about getting Neutron working multichannel in Reaper, and I've since dropped using it (although already lost the money).
introvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:12 AM   #47
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by introvert View Post
I'm seeing it too. When inserting the VST3 version of the plugin on a track with greater than two channels, it appears to revert to a mono instance with a single mono sidechain input.

On a track with two channels, it operates in stereo.

This actually kind of works well for me because, when I do multichannel tracks, I'm generally panning mono sources to surround. But if you're working with true multichannel content, or using it on a multichannel bus, that would obviously not work well. Having the thing operate as a multichannel plugin would be ideal.

But not every plugin I own operates as multichannel. FabFilter stuff doesn't, for example, which drives me nuts with regards to bus processing in surround mixes.

I'd be curious to know whether they think this is even within the scope of the tool. iZotope essentially told me no way when I asked about getting Neutron working multichannel in Reaper, and I've since dropped using it (although already lost the money).
Thank you for the info and explanation. That makes it a little clearer to me.

At least they could provide up to 4 channels, couldn't they?

I just checked Neutron - it can at least handle 4 channels.

You're my man, introvert!

I haven't recognized that make mono plugin issue so far - bloddy Frankie ;-)

I bet that is the solution to solve the issue with the vst3 - plugins of Softube.

Because - what I don't understand is, that the vst2 are working as intended, only the vst3 is doing it strange and wrong... we have to post this to softube..

tbhanks
Old 09-29-2017, 12:10 PM   #48
skippertag

Default Beg your pardon Softube but that is making me crazy...

I'm really really sad that is why I post the following here:

(the newest conversation on top..)

Mattias (Softube)

Oct 3, 14:33 CEST
Hi Frank,

I'm unfortunately only conveying what the developers has decided in this case.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Mattias

Mattias Danielsson
Customer Support
Softube AB

Office: (+46) 13 21 16 23
Web page: www.softube.com

RSS: http://softube.com/feed/rss/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SoftubeStudios
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Softube/368289880617
Twitter: http://twitter.com/SoftubeStudios

Hi Matthias,

but that is just - pardon me, when I say that - but that's somehow a little stupid and doesn't make too much sense as ---

the VST2 Version is working as expected - not switching to Mono when the track has more then just 2 channels...

Don't you want to be consistent within your different format versions of just ONE Plugin?

That is what a customer expects when the developer says you can have different versions of a particular plugin!

And again - softube is the ONLY DEVELOPER I know who is not willing to fix an issue that everybody else and the developer by itself has already solved...man....I really don't get that...

You know - the vst2 version shows that you're already know how to do it - so why the hell it is so hard to fix it in vst3?

I really beg your pardon - but help me to understand that please!!

Best and still friendly regards

Frank

On 29/09/17 16:04, Support wrote:
> ##- Please type your reply above this line -##
>
> Your request (9623) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.
> Mattias
>
> Mattias (Softube)
>
> Sep 29, 16:04 CEST
> Hi Frank,
>
> This is Mattias from Softube support.
>
> We generally support Mono and Stereo instances. I would guess that the multi-mono approach could be problematic with Automatic track numbering though. At the moment I think that we won't fix this, as we only officially support up to stereo instances.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience!
>
> Best regards,
> Mattias
>
> Mattias Danielsson
> Customer Support
> Softube AB
>
> Office: (+46) 13 21 16 23
> Web page: www.softube.com
>
> Sign up for our newsletter: http://www.softube.com/newsletter/
>
> RSS: http://softube.com/feed/rss/
> YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/SoftubeStudios
> Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Softube/368289880617
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/SoftubeStudios
>
> Frank
>
> Frank
>
> Sep 29, 09:22 CEST
>
> Good morning!
>
> I just chatted with someone in the REAPER forum and I think he gave the
> ultimate hint to the vst3 issue solution.
>
> (I can't believe that I haven't seen it myself before, actually)
>
> As soon as the channel count within one track is set higher than just 2
> the vst3 version changes internally to a Mono Plugin. That can easily be
> seen in the plug-in pin connector menu of reaper.
>
> *We think you have to just change that strange behavior to how the vst2
> plugin is working (that one sticks to its Stereo Mode)*
>
> Please be so kind and check that a.s.a.p.
>
> One of the guys in the forum has mentioned that Console is having quite
> the same issue with its vst3 version, btw.
>
> Please go and make us happy again :-)
>
> Thanks in advance
> Frank
>
> Frank
>
> Sep 27, 20:52 CEST
>
> vst3 - plugins in REAPER x64 (latest version) WIN 10 x64
>
> Hi!
>
> It's appr. 6 Months now that I asked for a solution for the problems with the vst3 plugins in REAPER when the channel count on one track is more than 2 (you know Reaper is able to have up to 64 channels on one track...)
> Softube is the only developer (still) having that issue... any chance for a fix soon?
>
> As I read you made Console to work as vst3 i REAPER...is that really true? I can't believe as I can't try because I don't own Console..
>
> Many thanks for checking back.
> Frank

Last edited by skippertag; 10-03-2017 at 10:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 12:12 AM   #49
Marcin Szwajcer

I don't know if only I have this issue, but I haven't seen it here on forum mentioned.

If I insert new track into session with console 1 plugins on other tracks, in a second track selection goes to some track that has console 1 plugin on it. It's annoying when I want to create few tracks by repeating key-stroke, because this way I'm creating those tracks scrambled all over the mixes as track selection jumps between channels.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:15 AM   #50
Justin
Administrator

You could try unchecking the compatibility setting "Inform plug-in when track channel count changes", which might prevent the issue on greater than 2 channel tracks?
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #51
Marcin Szwajcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
You could try unchecking the compatibility setting "Inform plug-in when track channel count changes", which might prevent the issue on greater than 2 channel tracks?
Am i missing something? :-)

(I've looked for it also in Reaper settings with no luck)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zrzut ekranu 2017-10-18 23.22.37.jpg (25.4 KB, 1847 views)
Old 02-25-2019, 03:28 PM   #52
syncussion

Default reaper and console one drop outs

hello, just tried out the newest reaper version (because i consider leaving cubase and switching to reaper) and noticed there are still dropouts while using softubes console 1. i wonder if this problem still exists. please can you tell me if did make any experiences like this? best regards, thorsten
syncussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:42 AM   #53
AlmoAlmo

console 1 vst3 is unusable in the current state, at least on my computer.
i am on win 10 and rme hdspe running projects with a buffer setting of 32 without any problems.
console 1 vst3 gives me crackles on every buffer size even when only one single instance is inserted and running. vst2 works as it should but lacks daw automation features and track name/number following.
AlmoAlmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 05:57 PM   #54
SebyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmoAlmo View Post
i am on win 10 and rme hdspe running projects with a buffer setting of 32 without any problems.
console 1 vst3 gives me crackles on every buffer size even when only one single instance is inserted and running. vst2 works as it should but lacks daw automation features and track name/number following.
Hi have the same problem guys, I have a new StudiLive III 16R and now as soon as I insert a console 1 plugin, I get Stuttering, clackling, poping, name it..
Well lot of noise.

Any help is appreciated.
tks
Seby
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:34 AM   #55
SebyMusic

Originally Posted by AlmoAlmo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
Hi have the same problem guys, I have a new StudiLive III 16R and now as soon as I insert a console 1 plugin, I get Stuttering, clackling, poping, name it..
Well lot of noise.

Any help is appreciated.
tks
Seby
Any help please?
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 12:12 AM   #56
ejanejarr

I might just order mine and send it back if it doesn't work well but is this VST3 still an issue?
Can anybody tell if the CPU use of the VST3 is the same than the VST2, because I'm on a pretty old computer?
ejanejarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #57
Pilloso

Hi guys,
I bought Console 1 in December 2018, initially all worked fine, also vst3 plugin version, but with first (and only) update by Softube (February 2019) vst3 started to make glitches and drops.
Fortunatly, Windows 7 has a "history" function that preserve old files, so I recovered previous vst3 file, and it still work for me, with full integration with Reaper.

I also wrote to Softube support, that recommended useless parameters changes, and told apologies for weeks, without any solution, although I have pointed out that there are many users in this situation.
I also pointed out that if previous release works fine, it should not be so hard to find differences in the new release and fix it...

However, I can work but it's annoying to buy new gear and to be forced to use an older software version. Will I be able to install future releases without problems, or will I have to keep the old version forever?

I wanted to take advantage of offers on other emulations for Console1, but I have to keep waiting because I cannot invest money on a company that doesn't give support and updates.

Note: since february 2019, Softube has no longer published updates...

P.S. if anyone likes to try my vst3 file I can post it, it may be the only one working for us all.

Last edited by Pilloso; 09-07-2019 at 10:24 AM.
Pilloso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #58
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Szwajcer View Post
Am i missing something? :-)

(I've looked for it also in Reaper settings with no luck)
Yes, in REAPER, right click the (reaper) "+" button and go to "Compatibility Settings"
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #59
tpulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yes, in REAPER, right click the (reaper) "+" button and go to "Compatibility Settings"
Dors this option make console1 vst3 work without any issues??
tpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 07:17 AM   #60
Mage

It might be or might be not related to this issue:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....42#post2185842

In the end, I switched to the VST2 version of their plugins.
Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:29 PM   #61
drygva

Hey everyone! does anybody have an early version of vst3? earlier than 2.4.83? Please send here or via email drygvastudio@gmail.com
drygva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:51 AM   #62
Pilloso

Quote:
Originally Posted by drygva View Post
Hey everyone! does anybody have an early version of vst3? earlier than 2.4.83? Please send here or via email drygvastudio@gmail.com
Hi, I just send you a mail, let me know if you fix the problem, in my pc it works fine.
Old 11-01-2019, 05:35 AM   #63
Svama

The problem still exists, but I also wrote a ticket at Softube.
Somebody have any news on this. The last update of Console is a few days old, but it doesn’t change the behaviour!
Svama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 07:19 AM   #64
ramses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svama View Post
The problem still exists, but I also wrote a ticket at Softube.
Somebody have any news on this. The last update of Console is a few days old, but it doesn’t change the behaviour!
Did you try this:

"You could try unchecking the compatibility setting "Inform plug-in when track channel count changes", which might prevent the issue on greater than 2 channel tracks?"
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #65
fukevin

I have opened a ticket with softube for this issue as well. No luck on my end, had to revert to vst2 which sucks. Hopefully this can get fixed or i'll be returning mine.
fukevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 03:56 AM   #66
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukevin View Post
I have opened a ticket with softube for this issue as well. No luck on my end, had to revert to vst2 which sucks. Hopefully this can get fixed or i'll be returning mine.
Actually, I use the VST 2 plugin using the CSI software noted in the link below, works great for any VST, here's a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byqW...ature=youtu.be
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:24 PM   #67
Svama

VST3 Version still produces dropouts with more than one Console plugin.
Softube Support doesn’t react on emails. So much money wasted!
Old 11-18-2019, 11:19 AM   #68
skippertag

Quote:
VST3 Version still produces dropouts with more than one Console plugin.
Softube Support doesn’t react on emails. So much money wasted!
As it seems, Softube is not taking care of us REAPER users... it's so damn stupid of these guys... So many people complain about Softube not taking care of our problems when it comes to vst3 in REAPER.

BUT... I may have a solution for you... at least a chance worth trying...

The vst3 plugins of Softube an some very few others do have problems when they are inserted on tracks with more then 2 channels.. the just don't work correctly in these cases as REAPER still seems to be the only (??) DAW which can handle up to 64 channels on one track. If the vst3-plugins aren't programmed correctly the go nuts with so many inputs and outputs and the solution is to manually make them use only as much channels as they can handle. A workaround directly in REAPER is to go to the IO window when the plugin is inserted... then click the small I/O button in the top right corner...select "Request VST3 bus channel count" and choose 2 ... Softube seems to work wrong internally when its set to auto....

Good luck!!!
Old 11-20-2019, 02:07 PM   #69
Svama

Version 2.4.74 VST3 does the job on Windows system and works with Reaper flawless. No dropouts, but still hoping for for an update to get new bugfixes, features....
Old 12-10-2019, 04:48 AM   #70
Pilloso

Quote:
Version 2.4.74 VST3 does the job on Windows system and works with Reaper flawless. No dropouts, but still hoping for for an update to get new bugfixes, features....
I confirm.
trick "Request VST3 bus channel count - stereo" doesn'n work for me, dropouts persist, I suppose it may works for a different issue.
Fortunatly, release 2.4.74 still works fine.
Contacting Softube support is a waste of time, I tried a few months ago, a long inconclusive exchange of emails because they pretend to don't know the problems with Reaper, and no new updates last year, not even to try returning to the functionality of the previous version: it's impossible to take Softube seriously.
Old 12-29-2019, 09:03 AM   #71
Finow79

Default still buggy console mk2 vst3!!!

Got my console 1 some days ago ...but still gliches, drop outs...when i insert console as vst3 in reaper. Dowloaded the last version, nothing changes ....

Thats anoying!

VST2 - no Problems

Test in S1:
In Studio One with the console vst3 everything works well.
No gliches or drops , track names apear in console ...

Well, who could solve the bug, Softube or Reaper?

Last edited by Finow79; 12-29-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:40 PM   #72
gloom

I have the same issue. On the latest version for Reaper and the Softube plugin and OSD. In addition to crackling, the transient shaper module just works really weird and sounds bad. I know that’s a little generic, but pushing the attack transient anywhere above 2pm on the dial starts to click. In addition, some times (but not always), just inserting the Console 1 plugin on a track (doesn’t matter if it’s the VST2 or 3) makes the track’s panning go off center. No adjustments in the plugin (everything disabled), just adding the plugin alone does this.
gloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 02:47 PM   #73
Finow79

Sorry for your issues with console1!

My problem was solved by the last update from Softube some weeks ago.

Hope you find a solution verry soon!
Finow79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 01:51 PM   #74
skippertag

I tell you, Softube gives a sh... about us REAPER Users. They just don't care - there is no other interpretation left. The problems persist for a couple years now and nothing happens... Some day they may start putting REAPER in their list of respected DAWs...

Very much different like e.g. Venomode. They had quite the same problems with the vst3 - channel count... but these guys provided the workaround within two days and then fixed it in their plugins one week later!
Old 04-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #75
inertia

I found dealing with Softtube very cumbersome.

I bought the Console 1 and promptly registered it but quickly found it totally unusable because the Opengl display graphics constantly stopped working. They confirmed this bug and would fix it at some point.

A few days later they were offering a free plugin bundle to new users who registered their Console 1. They refused to unregister my none working plugin and would not allow me to take advantage of their special offer, despite the fact I couldn't use the plugin and unit i had paid nearly 400 euros for and they had confirmed the bug and apologised for my "inconvenience".

It took them over 4 months before I got word that a fix was in the pipeline but by that time I had given up with them. I will never return as a customer. They have a very Swedish "rules are rules" attitude to things and if they can't somehow accomodate paying customers who have trouble with their software then they can just f*** off.
inertia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:05 AM   #76
RJHollins

What happens if we disable OpenGL on the Softube plugins ??
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:15 PM   #77
jacksoonbrowne

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=10
jacksoonbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:17 AM   #78
AvK333

Default VST3 / Very poor performance

Hi All,
I am a Cubase user (sometimes looking at Reaper ;-). I recently bought the Softube Console 1 Fader. I also experience problems with the VST3 console 1 plugin resulting in high computer load and audio drop outs. Looking at this thread, this problem has never been resolved by Softube despite this discussion started all the way back in 2015! I also contacted Softube several times but they are very unresponsive. Is anyone still experiencing the VST3 problems? Or has this been resolved for Reaper users? More info about the problems I experienced with Softube so far: http://skippyweb.eu/2021/04/softube-console-1-fader/

Thanks
AvK333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:35 AM   #79
skippertag

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvK333 View Post
Hi All,
I am a Cubase user (sometimes looking at Reaper ;-). I recently bought the Softube Console 1 Fader. I also experience problems with the VST3 console 1 plugin resulting in high computer load and audio drop outs. Looking at this thread, this problem has never been resolved by Softube despite this discussion started all the way back in 2015! I also contacted Softube several times but they are very unresponsive. Is anyone still experiencing the VST3 problems? Or has this been resolved for Reaper users? More info about the problems I experienced with Softube so far: http://skippyweb.eu/2021/04/softube-console-1-fader/

Thanks
Softube is caring a shit about us REAPER users.. I'll never ever buy anything again from these..
Old 06-07-2021, 03:12 AM   #80
ramses

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvK333 View Post
Hi All,

Thanks
Softube is not very pleasant to deal with. I got KICKED OUT of the FB-community for refusing to act like a fanboy and for asking polite and relevant questions about unsolved problems for paying customers. My main gripe is how the C1 automatic gain compensation is still not optional, despite softube promising they would fix this years ago.

I now use my units manly with CSI instead, works well, and I'm no longer locked to using only Softube plugins.
ramses is offline   Reply With Quote