Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2019, 10:42 AM   #3521
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
It's definitely not you

I just completely uninstalled and re-installed Reaper, trashing all the prefs, all my customisations etc. Completely vanilla. With the latest CSI build, same weird behaviour.

I have to go back to 27/6/2019 for it work again with a new, Windows created project.

Weird thing is, all my recent Mac created projects work just fine with the latest build on Windows.
Equally weird is that any I have that fill the 16 track of XT and mcu "seem fine" (once i show csi pref) until I start deleting tracks then they move to the right as I go below 16.

27/6/2019 that ties up with me, I have it down as 29 but I think I was just sleeping for a couple of days lol.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 10:50 AM   #3522
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Hey Freex, try opening this on your system.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #3523
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hey Freex, try opening this on your system.
Can you do a diff between the 2 .rpp files (Win/Mac generated) and see if there is anything suspicious ?

Or just post both and I'll have a look.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:23 AM   #3524
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Can you do a diff between the 2 .rpp files (Win/Mac generated) and see if there is anything suspicious ?

Or just post both and I'll have a look.
Don't know about this diff of which you speak, but here's the two files.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:27 AM   #3525
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Ok, weirder and weirder. If I save the Win generated one, quit Reaper and reload it, it works.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:46 AM   #3526
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Ok, weirder and weirder. If I save the Win generated one, quit Reaper and reload it, it works.
Ok, we've officially left Kansas

Diff is a tool (like file merge).

I don't see any scary differences, but I do notice that the OS X project version of Reaper is 5.979 and the Win one is 5.981.

I'm running 5.973 fine here on a Mac.

Have no idea if that means anything.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 11:54 AM   #3527
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

I think it might be what’s happening when the new project is created in Reaper, before it’s been saved.

It seems that after it’s saved and reloaded, it works the same as the Mac version.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 12:19 PM   #3528
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Hey Freex, try opening this on your system.
opens as you'd expect it to, but delete all but any 14 tracks and it populates from the right.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:41 PM   #3529
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
opens as you'd expect it to, but delete all but any 14 tracks and it populates from the right.
Yep, does that here too, but at 40 tracks.

Behaviour is exactly the same on Mac. If you start with a project that has no tracks and then add some, they won't be picked up by the surface(s).

If you then save the project and reload it, the surface(s) will pick up the tracks but if there are less tracks than the total number of surface channels, they will fill from the right hand end.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 01:58 PM   #3530
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, does that here too, but at 40 tracks.

Behaviour is exactly the same on Mac. If you start with a project that has no tracks and then add some, they won't be picked up by the surface(s).

If you then save the project and reload it, the surface(s) will pick up the tracks but if there are less tracks than the total number of surface channels, they will fill from the right hand end.
This is new, post 27 June Build, not that it's a big deal, just takes a bit of getting used to.

I'm sure Geoff will find the reason at some point or it will magically go back to "normal".

Off to scroll thur past posts and find where you told me how to do the FX on theC4 lol
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #3531
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, does that here too, but at 40 tracks.

Behaviour is exactly the same on Mac. If you start with a project that has no tracks and then add some, they won't be picked up by the surface(s).

If you then save the project and reload it, the surface(s) will pick up the tracks but if there are less tracks than the total number of surface channels, they will fill from the right hand end.
Ahh, good !!!

So it's nothing to do with Mac/Win, but rather, projects that have track counts less than the logical surface width ?
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:10 PM   #3532
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ahh, good !!!

So it's nothing to do with Mac/Win, but rather, projects that have track counts less than the logical surface width ?
Yep, that's it and also tracks not being picked up when they are created, if you start from scratch. Not sure, but you probably need to start with more tracks than the logical surface width in order to have additions picked up.

Freex has highlighted the shortcomings of me testing this stuff with large projects!
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:18 PM   #3533
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Ahh, good !!!

So it's nothing to do with Mac/Win, but rather, projects that have track counts less than the logical surface width ?
Also (which may fall under the same umbrella) if you have Bus channels and you choose to only veiw those, and there are less than the logical surface width, they also populate from right to left.

Also lets say they don't fill the logical surface width (so for me with 8 buses the XT has nothing)

If i then go back to View all, it populates from where the buses started, (so in my exapmle xt has nothing and tracks start on MCU)

pressing bankL then populates the XT
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #3534
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Also if i hit the sends button, sends for selected track are splayed on MCU,

but when i then unselect sends button, upper display blanks, doesn't show track names again.

If i bank or single channel, all upper display on the mcu still remain blank, pan info updates names appear on XT correctly.
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:41 PM   #3535
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Also if i hit the sends button, sends for selected track are splayed on MCU,

but when i then unselect sends button, upper display blanks, doesn't show track names again.

If i bank or single channel, all upper display on the mcu still remain blank, pan info updates names appear on XT correctly.
You need to set yourself up a GoZone Home button. The Home Zone doesn't automatically reload when you toggle out of ToggleMapSends.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:55 PM   #3536
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
You need to set yourself up a GoZone Home button. The Home Zone doesn't automatically reload when you toggle out of ToggleMapSends.
Thanks, MIX i used the track botton on MCU

That's one down

Managed to get ReaEQ to splay on C4

Now to get sends over there instead of on MCU

Any Idea (or if it's possible) to have Input, output, sends and hopefully the (in the future) FXslots splayed on C4 for selected channel.

Like an over view
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 02:56 PM   #3537
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Yep, that's it and also tracks not being picked up when they are created, if you start from scratch. Not sure, but you probably need to start with more tracks than the logical surface width in order to have additions picked up.

Freex has highlighted the shortcomings of me testing this stuff with large projects!
Me too
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:04 PM   #3538
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Now to get sends over there instead of on MCU
In C4.zon you need:
Code:
 SpotErase ToggleMapSends
and also:

Code:
        Zone Send|1-8
		SelectedTrackNavigator
		DisplayUpperD|  TrackSendNameDisplay
		DisplayLowerD|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
		RotaryPushD| TrackSendMute
		RotaryD|  TrackSendVolume	
	ZoneEnd
Make sure Synch Zones Across Surfaces is unchecked or sends will activate on both MCU and C4.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:08 PM   #3539
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post

Any Idea (or if it's possible) to have Input, output, sends and hopefully the (in the future) FXslots splayed on C4 for selected channel.

Like an over view
Not at the moment, but definitely possible.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:14 PM   #3540
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Could I do, a GoZone Sends instead of togglesends when i press the sends and add GoZone Home in the sends zone?

or is there a way of making that work

So the same button takes you in and out like the pan and width
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #3541
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Could I do, a GoZone Sends instead of togglesends when i press the sends and add GoZone Home in the sends zone?

or is there a way of making that work

So the same button takes you in and out like the pan and width
Good question. Try it
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:30 PM   #3542
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Kind of works and kind of doesn't

Send GoZone Send didn't do anything

Putting Send GoZone Home in the send Zone does take it back

BUT there seems to be a thrid state which is confusing


when you press Sends the sends splay (but the send LED is not on)

when you press it again the tracks return to home state (but the send LED is lit)

pressing send again turns off the LED but you can't cycle thru again. Have to hit the track button (which i've still got set to GoZone home)
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:35 PM   #3543
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Kind of works and kind of doesn't

Send GoZone Send didn't do anything

Putting Send GoZone Home in the send Zone does take it back

BUT there seems to be a thrid state which is confusing


when you press Sends the sends splay (but the send LED is not on)

when you press it again the tracks return to home state (but the send LED is lit)

pressing send again turns off the LED but you can't cycle thru again. Have to hit the track button (which i've still got set to GoZone home)
I think that happens because it's ToggleMapSends. The toggle can be useful in as much as you can turn it on and move track to track and having the sends splay as you go, not having to push a button each time.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:42 PM   #3544
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Yeah just noticed that with everything back to "as was",

you still have to press the send button to turn off the LED after going home
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #3545
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
you still have to press the send button to turn off the LED after going home
Yep, the logic breaks down for me at that point too
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:01 PM   #3546
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Got Some action with FX on C4

what i have noticed is the top row A, if you have nothing in there it remain saying
--Mackie Control C4 Pro --

If you put FXParamNameDisplay " " in the upper display and noaction for the rest you get rid of the offending nametag

Apart from A8 where it need to be in the lower
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:16 PM   #3547
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

My M.O with the sends has been to press ToggleMapSends, fiddle with Sends, press ToggleMapSends, press GoZone Home.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:22 PM   #3548
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
Got Some action with FX on C4

what i have noticed is the top row A, if you have nothing in there it remain saying
--Mackie Control C4 Pro --

If you put FXParamNameDisplay " " in the upper display and noaction for the rest you get rid of the offending nametag

Apart from A8 where it need to be in the lower
I have a blank/zero Zone for the C4 included with Home:
Code:
Zone Home
		OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
		SpotErase ToggleMapSends

		IncludedZones
			C4_Buttons
			C4_BlankWidgets
		IncludedZonesEnd
	ZoneEnd


	Zone C4_Buttons
		SlotUp Reaper _fba48393e4ca48f88d11cba0e4671ab3
		SlotDown Reaper _265b374bdcd740f7af4550cd986e4e9c
		TrackL Reaper _S&M_WNONLY1
		TrackR Reaper _S&M_WNONLY2
		Split Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3
		Split Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4
		Split GoZone Home
		BankLeft TrackBank -24
		BankRight TrackBank 24
		ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
		ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	ZoneEnd
	
	
	Zone C4_BlankWidgets
		DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA1 FXParamNameDisplay	"       "
		RotaryA1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA2 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA2 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA3 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA3 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA4 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA4 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA5 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA6 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA6 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA7 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA7 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA8 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA8 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB1 NoAction 
		RotaryB1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB2 NoAction 
		RotaryB2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB3 NoAction 
		RotaryB3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB4 NoAction 
		RotaryB4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB5 NoAction 
		RotaryB5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB6 NoAction 
		RotaryB6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB7 NoAction 
		RotaryB7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB8 NoAction 
		RotaryB8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC1 NoAction 
		RotaryC1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC2 NoAction 
		RotaryC2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC3 NoAction 
		RotaryC3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC4 NoAction 
		RotaryC4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC5 NoAction 
		RotaryC5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC6 NoAction 
		RotaryC6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC7 NoAction 
		RotaryC7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC8 NoAction 
		RotaryC8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD1 NoAction 
		RotaryD1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD2 NoAction 
		RotaryD2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD3 NoAction 
		RotaryD3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD4 NoAction 
		RotaryD4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD5 NoAction 
		RotaryD5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD6 NoAction 
		RotaryD6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD7 NoAction 
		RotaryD7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD8 NoAction 
		RotaryD8 NoAction
		Toggle+RotaryPushD8 NoAction 
		ZoneEnd
		

	Zone Send|1-8
		SelectedTrackNavigator
		DisplayUpperD|  TrackSendNameDisplay
		DisplayLowerD|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
		RotaryPushD| TrackSendMute
		RotaryD|  TrackSendVolume	
	ZoneEnd
It loads on start up so you get rid of the 'Mackie Control C4 Pro' blurb.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:30 PM   #3549
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I have a blank/zero Zone for the C4 included with Home:
Code:
Zone Home
		OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets
		SpotErase ToggleMapSends

		IncludedZones
			C4_Buttons
			C4_BlankWidgets
		IncludedZonesEnd
	ZoneEnd


	Zone C4_Buttons
		SlotUp Reaper _fba48393e4ca48f88d11cba0e4671ab3
		SlotDown Reaper _265b374bdcd740f7af4550cd986e4e9c
		TrackL Reaper _S&M_WNONLY1
		TrackR Reaper _S&M_WNONLY2
		Split Reaper _S&M_WNCLS3
		Split Reaper _S&M_WNCLS4
		Split GoZone Home
		BankLeft TrackBank -24
		BankRight TrackBank 24
		ChannelLeft TrackBank -1
		ChannelRight TrackBank 1
	ZoneEnd
	
	
	Zone C4_BlankWidgets
		DisplayUpperA1 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA1 FXParamNameDisplay	"       "
		RotaryA1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA2 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA2 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA3 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA3 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA4 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA4 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA5 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA5 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA6 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA6 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA7 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA7 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperA8 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		DisplayLowerA8 FXParamNameDisplay	"       " 
		RotaryA8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushA8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB1 NoAction 
		RotaryB1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB2 NoAction 
		RotaryB2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB3 NoAction 
		RotaryB3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB4 NoAction 
		RotaryB4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB5 NoAction 
		RotaryB5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB6 NoAction 
		RotaryB6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB7 NoAction 
		RotaryB7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperB8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerB8 NoAction 
		RotaryB8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushB8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC1 NoAction 
		RotaryC1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC2 NoAction 
		RotaryC2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC3 NoAction 
		RotaryC3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC4 NoAction 
		RotaryC4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC5 NoAction 
		RotaryC5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC6 NoAction 
		RotaryC6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC7 NoAction 
		RotaryC7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperC8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerC8 NoAction 
		RotaryC8 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushC8 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD1 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD1 NoAction 
		RotaryD1 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD1 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD2 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD2 NoAction 
		RotaryD2 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD2 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD3 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD3 NoAction 
		RotaryD3 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD3 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD4 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD4 NoAction 
		RotaryD4 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD4 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD5 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD5 NoAction 
		RotaryD5 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD5 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD6 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD6 NoAction 
		RotaryD6 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD6 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD7 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD7 NoAction 
		RotaryD7 NoAction 
		Toggle+RotaryPushD7 NoAction 
		
		DisplayUpperD8 NoAction 
		DisplayLowerD8 NoAction 
		RotaryD8 NoAction
		Toggle+RotaryPushD8 NoAction 
		ZoneEnd
		

	Zone Send|1-8
		SelectedTrackNavigator
		DisplayUpperD|  TrackSendNameDisplay
		DisplayLowerD|  TrackSendVolumeDisplay
		RotaryPushD| TrackSendMute
		RotaryD|  TrackSendVolume	
	ZoneEnd
It loads on start up so you get rid of the 'Mackie Control C4 Pro' blurb.
Awesome,
Yet again.
Cheers buddy
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:35 PM   #3550
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

No worries Check out the triple assignment to Split. It simultaneously closes all open FX windows, all open FX Chain windows and goes Home, which blanks out the C4

(if you use Split, comment out it's FB in the C4.mst, stops the LED flickering annoyingly)
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 04:57 PM   #3551
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
if you use Split, comment out it's FB in the C4.mst, stops the LED flickering annoyingly
That should be fixed in next build, then you can put your C4.mst back to normal

Thanks for all the great work getting everyone sorted !!
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:06 PM   #3552
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Will soon have some fun treats -- @MixMonkey has kindly given me permission to mess up his spreadsheet

Already working (Mac at least, not tested on Win):

When VST Monitor is on, CSI still displays the params in the Reaper console window, but it now also outputs the results to a .txt file in the /CSI/Zones/ZoneRawFXFiles folder.

The spreadsheet has a file dialog that points to where these files are stored, and you can import them directly to the spreadsheet.

Added some fancy (well, OK, not so fancy) graphics for eye candy

Just have to work on outputting Zone file to proper location, might have a preliminary tomorrow
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:07 PM   #3553
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

I've come across a bug with OnFXFocus MapFocusedTrackFXToWidgets.

If there is only one FX on the track, OnFXFocus only works the first time it's activated. After that, focussing the window doesn't load the parameters to the surface anymore. Workaround is to have a button to GoZone (ParentZone) even if the FX has only one Zone.

On tracks that have more than one FX it's not a problem because you can cycle back to the first plugin and it loads.
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #3554
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Will soon have some fun treats -- @MixMonkey has kindly given me permission to mess up his spreadsheet

Already working (Mac at least, not tested on Win):

When VST Monitor is on, CSI still displays the params in the Reaper console window, but it now also outputs the results to a .txt file in the /CSI/Zones/ZoneRawFXFiles folder.

The spreadsheet has a file dialog that points to where these files are stored, and you can import them directly to the spreadsheet.

Added some fancy (well, OK, not so fancy) graphics for eye candy

Just have to work on outputting Zone file to proper location, might have a preliminary tomorrow
Cool How are the params arranged when you import them to the sheet?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:22 PM   #3555
Freex
Human being with feelings
 
Freex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Cool How are the params arranged when you import them to the sheet?
I was thinking the same,

I guess we'll have to wait and see
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #3556
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

I have an MCU FX Configurator ready to go

Last edited by MixMonkey; 08-02-2019 at 06:11 PM. Reason: be more specific
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #3557
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Here's a tease of where we are so far:

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 04-04-2020 at 09:39 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:10 PM   #3558
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings
 
MixMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: London, England.
Posts: 1,779
Default

Looks good! Is Param = Rotary?
MixMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 06:26 PM   #3559
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings
 
Geoff Waddington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 5,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
Looks good! Is Param = Rotary?
Yup, used Param instead of Rotary, because it is also used for display.

The Upper and Lower rows will have dropdowns -- choices will be -- Name, Value and Blank -- Blank will place a NoAction on that display.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 07:06 PM   #3560
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,480
Default

Hi, sorry to interrupt the cool new stuff, just posting some zon files. This is for the build 6.29

C4 zon
ProX zon to check the pan/etc. //Upper = lower is due to the new firmware, swapped upper and lower displays
NLS zon
SSL zon

So, last night I posted that only one fx showed up, it was always the last in the chain. Later that night, the 2nd FX showed up (but not the 1st). And right now, none of them are showing up.

edit, last one is showing up now, again.

But, sends are working perfectly.
Attached Files
File Type: txt C4A.txt (775 Bytes, 31 views)
File Type: txt ProX.txt (3.0 KB, 32 views)
File Type: txt NLS Channel Mono (Waves).txt (3.5 KB, 27 views)
File Type: txt SSLChannel Mono (Waves).txt (4.0 KB, 30 views)
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 6,Motu 828es, Cranborne ADAT500

Last edited by poetnprophet; 08-02-2019 at 07:22 PM.
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.