Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > MIDI Hardware, Control Surfaces, and OSC

Old 01-30-2019, 06:58 AM   #2401
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by inertia View Post
Is this is actually usable yet other than for getting some faders moving?
I'm currently using it with an Mackie MCU, 2 x MCUXT and a Mackie C4.

I have 2 Pages set up, the first is the regular channel/track Page, where all the channel functions are working- fader, mute, solo, pan, width and the track names in the display strip. I use the MCU L/R buttons to bank across the project, 24 faders at a time, at a much greater speed than was possible with previous controller plugins. I've assigned various other MCU buttons to useful Reaper actions/macros.

The second page flips all the surfaces to control the Sends, with send level on the fader, send mute on the mute button. I use the MCU UP/DOWN buttons to step between the sends.

Automation works on both Pages and you can write send levels using the fader.

On either Page, the C4 displays FX parameters for the currently selected channel/slot, the upper part of the display showing the parameter name (for which you can create your own alias/abbreviation to better fit the limited display space) and the lower part showing the value. I use the C4's UP/DOWN buttons to step fwd/bck through the FX slots. The C4 L/R buttons select the next/prev track, whilst simultaneously closing all open FX windows to keep the screen tidy.

This is a pre-alpha stage project that is constantly changing and developing making accurate documentation nearly impossible. All the information is contained within the thread, but what is accurate on page 27, might be inaccurate by page 50.

There are still things that don't work (eg MCU jogwheel, buttons on certain controllers) but the focus is to create a core engine that is both expandable, versatile and stable.

Also please bear in mind this is the work of ONE man, Geoff Waddington, who is the Coder and Principal Architect of the project. The rest of us just chip in with distracting ideas (that are occasionally useful) and test the builds Geoff puts up.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 07:01 AM   #2402
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebyMusic View Post
Hi, I know it has been asked, but can't figure out how to do it and it's bugging me a little. If I click ANY of the tracks in reaper (event the last one), is it possible that the faderport 8 show the selected tracks in reaper as the far left fader selected?

Thanks for help
Seby
What happens when you click on a track at the moment?
Old 01-30-2019, 10:10 AM   #2403
Freex

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
I'm currently using it with an Mackie MCU, 2 x MCUXT and a Mackie C4.

I have 2 Pages set up, the first is the regular channel/track Page, where all the channel functions are working- fader, mute, solo, pan, width and the track names in the display strip. I use the MCU L/R buttons to bank across the project, 24 faders at a time, at a much greater speed than was possible with previous controller plugins. I've assigned various other MCU buttons to useful Reaper actions/macros.

The second page flips all the surfaces to control the Sends, with send level on the fader, send mute on the mute button. I use the MCU UP/DOWN buttons to step between the sends.

Automation works on both Pages and you can write send levels using the fader.

On either Page, the C4 displays FX parameters for the currently selected channel/slot, the upper part of the display showing the parameter name (for which you can create your own alias/abbreviation to better fit the limited display space) and the lower part showing the value. I use the C4's UP/DOWN buttons to step fwd/bck through the FX slots. The C4 L/R buttons select the next/prev track, whilst simultaneously closing all open FX windows to keep the screen tidy.

This is a pre-alpha stage project that is constantly changing and developing making accurate documentation nearly impossible. All the information is contained within the thread, but what is accurate on page 27, might be inaccurate by page 50.

There are still things that don't work (eg MCU jogwheel, buttons on certain controllers) but the focus is to create a core engine that is both expandable, versatile and stable.

Also please bear in mind this is the work of ONE man, Geoff Waddington, who is the Coder and Principal Architect of the project. The rest of us just chip in with distracting ideas (that are occasionally useful) and test the builds Geoff puts up.
That's a nice workflow setup, I'll be stealing it shortly....
Freex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #2404
SebyMusic

Quote:
What happens when you click on a track at the moment?
Well, let say I have 16 tracks.
If I select track 1 with the mouse, then I have 1 to 8 on the controller.
If I select track 2, then I Still have track 1 to 8 showing but with track 2 selected.
Now, If I select track 14 from there, the track 14 is selected on the last right.
-7 -8 -9 -10 -11 -12 -13 -14
But I would like to always have the clicked one selected showing on left what ever where i'm coming from.
Seby
SebyMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:22 AM   #2405
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freex View Post
That's a nice workflow setup, I'll be stealing it shortly....
Indeed I have basically learned and copied everything here as well, it's a great system. Thank you MixMonkey
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 05:06 PM   #2406
MixMonkey

Steal and copy away folks, you're welcome, but it's Geoff who deserves your thanks (and hopefully donations)
He's the Organ Grinder, i'm just the Monkey
Old 01-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #2407
MixMonkey

Quote:
Well, let say I have 16 tracks.
If I select track 1 with the mouse, then I have 1 to 8 on the controller.
If I select track 2, then I Still have track 1 to 8 showing but with track 2 selected.
Now, If I select track 14 from there, the track 14 is selected on the last right.
-7 -8 -9 -10 -11 -12 -13 -14
But I would like to always have the clicked one selected showing on left what ever where i'm coming from.
Seby
Ah, I think I see what you mean. So you would prefer (when you select Track 14) to see -14 -15 -16 and five blank channels to their right?

If Geoff decides to pursue the Overlay/Zone ideas he's been thinking about, then I'm sure the issue of track banking will be revisited and we'll all be able to pitch in ideas for how it'll work.
Old 01-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #2408
SebyMusic

Quote:
Ah, I think I see what you mean. So you would prefer (when you select Track 14) to see -14 -15 -16 and five blank channels to their right?

If Geoff decides to pursue the Overlay/Zone ideas he's been thinking about, then I'm sure the issue of track banking will be revisited and we'll all be able to pitch in ideas for how it'll work.
Ok, tks
Seby
Old 01-30-2019, 06:17 PM   #2409
SebyMusic

Default BCR2000 Setup Help please

Hi, I just have that new BCR2000 that I'm trying to setup with CSI.
Don't know how to do it step by step.
I'm connected through USB BTW

Firt, in midi pref. Do the BCR is activated as midi in or midi out?
Then when I select CSI prefs, I put everything there, but nothing is received in the data monitor widow from that device. I do receive stuff from my Faderport8, but nothing at all from the BCR.

Thanks for help
Seby
Old 01-31-2019, 03:26 AM   #2410
dixo

Quote:

Then when I select CSI prefs, I put everything there, but nothing is received in the data monitor widow from that device. I do receive stuff from my Faderport8, but nothing at all from the BCR.

Thanks for help
Seby
I think you should leave the device disabled in the normal MIDI devices. The BCR should only be visible to CSI, not to the regular MIDI handling by Reaper.
In CSI you can select the input and output devices, choose your BCR ports there.

Is your Faderport enabled in the MIDI devices section?

Also, I seem to remember that the BCR in USB mode has 3 MIDI ports, usually port 1 is the one to select, but if that does not work try the others.
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:12 AM   #2411
SebyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
I think you should leave the device disabled in the normal MIDI devices. The BCR should only be visible to CSI, not to the regular MIDI handling by Reaper.
In CSI you can select the input and output devices, choose your BCR ports there.

Is your Faderport enabled in the MIDI devices section?

Also, I seem to remember that the BCR in USB mode has 3 MIDI ports, usually port 1 is the one to select, but if that does not work try the others.
I tried lots of things, but reaper does not seems to receive any signal from the BCR.
And yes I have disabled faderport AND Bcr2000 in the "normal" prefs of reaper.
Is anyone here working with Bcr2000 and CSI by any chance?

Tks
Seby
Old 01-31-2019, 06:20 AM   #2412
dixo

Quote:
Is anyone here working with Bcr2000 and CSI by any chance?
Seby
Not actually working with it yet, but I have been experimenting a bit with my BCR2000, trying to get a useful configuration for it. So far, there is a general issue with the way all Behringer surfaces (BCR, X-Touch) handle their button feedback. A solution is in the making, I hope Geoff will implement it in the next version.

But CSI is responding to my BCR2000, and I do see the MIDI streams (send and receive) in CSI's MIDI monitor. So, that part should work.

Are you sure that your BCR is really set to USB mode, and not in 5-pin MIDI? Can you select the BCR in CSI's MIDI I/O setup?
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:02 AM   #2413
SebyMusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixo View Post
Not actually working with it yet, but I have been experimenting a bit with my BCR2000, trying to get a useful configuration for it. So far, there is a general issue with the way all Behringer surfaces (BCR, X-Touch) handle their button feedback. A solution is in the making, I hope Geoff will implement it in the next version.

But CSI is responding to my BCR2000, and I do see the MIDI streams (send and receive) in CSI's MIDI monitor. So, that part should work.

Are you sure that your BCR is really set to USB mode, and not in 5-pin MIDI? Can you select the BCR in CSI's MIDI I/O setup?
Hi, yes I can select the BCR in and out in the CSI prefs. The green USB light on my BCR is on. and I'm in U-3 Mode with it. Maybe that'S why it does not work in that third mode. I just bought it and maybe the other person had it in that mode. Let me try in mode 1. I'll let you know.
Tks
Seby
Old 01-31-2019, 07:30 AM   #2414
jamesd256

I am also looking to get the best set up with this and the BCR. SebyMusic, I see like me you're also looking at lb0's smart knobs.

I need to put more time in before being able to contribute to the process of getting CSI working well with my BCR, but it's good to know there are others!
jamesd256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 07:43 AM   #2415
jamesd256

Quote:

Thanks for help
Seby
I have a BCR that doesn't show up when connected to the PC via USB, but sends data out over the MIDI ports.

Like you I couldn't get Reaper to see any data from it.

What I found was if I armed a track with input set to receive from the BCR, then looked at ReaControlMidi, the messages were all there. In fact with this track armed, I could then assign it to FX and actions

I have asked for help on it here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=216635
Old 01-31-2019, 08:20 AM   #2416
40Hurts

I've read through the 60-something pages in this thread and am still struggling with how to set this up with a Behringer X-Touch (the OG, 9-fader "Universal" surface).

Does anyone have a template they'd be willing to share, and/or can someone point me to a step-by-step guide to CSI for Dummies? I'd really like to have sends on faders (or even knobs) and plug-in parameter control.

Sorry for my ignorance. I've been an end-user of digital consoles/control surfaces in a live environment for several years, but am pretty dumb when it comes to the programming end of things.

Any help is appreciated.

Specs: Mac OS 10.13.6, Reaper v5.965/64, X-Touch firmware v1.15
40Hurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 AM   #2417
Gass n Klang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Hurts View Post
I've read through the 60-something pages in this thread and am still struggling with how to set this up with a Behringer X-Touch (the OG, 9-fader "Universal" surface).

Does anyone have a template they'd be willing to share, and/or can someone point me to a step-by-step guide to CSI for Dummies? I'd really like to have sends on faders (or even knobs) and plug-in parameter control.

Sorry for my ignorance. I've been an end-user of digital consoles/control surfaces in a live environment for several years, but am pretty dumb when it comes to the programming end of things.

Any help is appreciated.

same here for an Icon QCon ProG2 + EXG2
Gass n Klang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 12:24 PM   #2418
Travesty

I'm also stalled at the gates. Tried with maschine studio and xtouch mini
Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 05:40 PM   #2419
poetnprophet

Quote:

Any help is appreciated.

Hi 40, try this:

download CSI. unpack and place the CSI folder into the main reaper folder (use the action "show resource path")

place the csi.dll file (I forget what it's called exactly) into the PLUGIN folder in that same resource path.

make sure your mixer/controller is DISABLED in Preferences > midi devices.

go to Preferences > osc/control. Select CONTROL SURFACE INTEGRATOR

remove the Red/Green/etc pages and surfaces in the boxes below.

ADD new page, name it and set to follow MCP and check coloring if desired. I would turn off midi monitoring for now.

Go to Surfaces, Add. Name it.

Select appropriate midi IN and OUT for your surface. MAKE SURE you have disabled them in Pref > midi or it won't show up here.

I don't know what controller you have, I'll assume you have something similar to an MCU. If so, you can add the MCU RST and AXT files for the TEMPLATES section. Set bank to 8.

This should get one surface working with basic controls for all channels plus most of the MCU like action buttons. Hope I didn't miss anything...

Try that and report back
Old 01-31-2019, 05:43 PM   #2420
poetnprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I'm also stalled at the gates. Tried with maschine studio and xtouch mini
I'm not sure about the mini. I believe others have reported that the feedback doesn't work for that controller or the compact controller.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:15 PM   #2421
40Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
Hi 40, try this:

download CSI. unpack and place the CSI folder into the main reaper folder (use the action "show resource path")

place the csi.dll file (I forget what it's called exactly) into the PLUGIN folder in that same resource path.

make sure your mixer/controller is DISABLED in Preferences > midi devices.

go to Preferences > osc/control. Select CONTROL SURFACE INTEGRATOR

remove the Red/Green/etc pages and surfaces in the boxes below.

ADD new page, name it and set to follow MCP and check coloring if desired. I would turn off midi monitoring for now.

Go to Surfaces, Add. Name it.

Select appropriate midi IN and OUT for your surface. MAKE SURE you have disabled them in Pref > midi or it won't show up here.

I don't know what controller you have, I'll assume you have something similar to an MCU. If so, you can add the MCU RST and AXT files for the TEMPLATES section. Set bank to 8.

This should get one surface working with basic controls for all channels plus most of the MCU like action buttons. Hope I didn't miss anything...

Try that and report back
Ok, I did all of that. Lots of weirdness.

The Good: Scribble strips now display pan/fader values, whereas previously it was only track name. Also, pressing the pan encoder switches to Width, but display continues to show Pan value.

The Bad: All of the following seem to do nothing - Flip, Zoom/Nav, Jog/Scrub, Encoder Assign, Global View, and Function buttons. Marker doesn't drop a marker, instead advances to next marker. Nudge cycles the play cursor through markers/time selection points/end. The timecode/beat counter isn't syncing.

The Ugly: Automation buttons function, but are all lit up, all the time, as are the Marker and Nudge buttons. The fader banking is also screwy, basically it goes too far. Paging through banks to the left, when it gets to the first track, push bank left again and track #1 shows up on surface channel #8. Also, sometimes a track will get stuck in a fader, ie. track #15 is still on fader #7 when switching banks to 1-8. Wacky.

Surface in question is a Behringer X-Touch "Universal". It *should* be incredibly similar to a Mackie MCU.
Old 02-01-2019, 10:11 AM   #2422
40Hurts

Ok, here's a PDF of the Midi values from CSI Midi Monitor. This should be every button, fader, encoder, etc. on the surface. Hopefully I did this right and it will help us get this figured out.

One weird thing was when I move the Rotary Encoders, the 3rd binary value seems to change based on velocity. Ie. Turning Rotary #1 counter-clockwise slowly gives: b0 10 41, turning faster gives b0 10 42 (or 43, 44, 45, etc.). Same happens in the opposite direction, and occurs with all encoders.

Also, as soon as I turn on Midi Out Monitor, it immediately and persistently displays a string of code: d0 80000000 00 - d0 80000070 00. Midi output from surface controls seems laggy, and is difficult to track because of this constant d0 8000... which seems to take over Midi output.

For reference, I have disabled Midi Input for this device (Prefs/Audio/Midi) and also removed the Mackie MCU protocol from Prefs/Control OSC.

Next steps?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf X-Touch Map.pdf (43.4 KB, 211 views)
Old 02-01-2019, 01:08 PM   #2423
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Ok, here's a PDF of the Midi values from CSI Midi Monitor. This should be every button, fader, encoder, etc. on the surface. Hopefully I did this right and it will help us get this figured out.
Real nice work -- thanks !

Quote:
One weird thing was when I move the Rotary Encoders, the 3rd binary value seems to change based on velocity. Ie. Turning Rotary #1 counter-clockwise slowly gives: b0 10 41, turning faster gives b0 10 42 (or 43, 44, 45, etc.). Same happens in the opposite direction, and occurs with all encoders.
Not unusual at all, that's just a little built-in acceleration -- CSI does not currently recognize acceleration but it is definitely planned.

It will allow for coarse/fine adjustments, the slower you go, the finer it gets.

Quote:
Also, as soon as I turn on Midi Out Monitor, it immediately and persistently displays a string of code: d0 80000000 00 - d0 80000070 00. Midi output from surface controls seems laggy, and is difficult to track because of this constant d0 8000... which seems to take over Midi output.
Yes, monitoring is for diagnostics and has an adverse effect on performance.

Those d0 messages are VU meter output -- just comment out the meter lines in the .axt like with a slash like this::

VUMeter TrackOutputMeter 0
VUMeter TrackOutputMeter 1

change to:

/VUMeter TrackOutputMeter 0
/VUMeter TrackOutputMeter 1

Quote:
For reference, I have disabled Midi Input for this device (Prefs/Audio/Midi) and also removed the Mackie MCU protocol from Prefs/Control OSC.

Next steps?
Cool, now you can make your own file set.

For instance, here is the Reaper Action connected to the Marker button in the MCU.axt, which I think you are using:

Marker Reaper 40172

You likely want:

Marker Reaper 40171

which drops a maker at current position.

You can customize just about everything this way.

You first name the control and match it to an incoming press/release midi message in the .rst:

Marker PressFB 90 54 7f 90 54 00

Then you simply assign that control to an action in the .axt/.fxt:

Marker Reaper 40171

In this case it's a Reaper Action, but there are other actions -- you can see examples in the .axt files.

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 02-01-2019 at 01:14 PM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #2424
40Hurts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Cool, now you can make your own file set.

For instance, here is the Reaper Action connected to the Marker button in the MCU.axt, which I think you are using:

Marker Reaper 40172

You likely want:

Marker Reaper 40171

which drops a maker at current position.

You can customize just about everything this way.

You first name the control and match it to an incoming press/release midi message in the .rst:

Marker PressFB 90 54 7f 90 54 00

Then you simply assign that control to an action in the .axt/.fxt:

Marker Reaper 40171

In this case it's a Reaper Action, but there are other actions -- you can see examples in the .axt files.

Comparing the MCU.rst to what I mapped from the X-Touch, most things are the same, but there are a few things using different values. For example, the jog wheel in MCU is b0 3c 7f b0 3c 00, but the X-Touch gives b0 3c 41 b0 3c 01.

I'm guessing the first step would be to copy the MCU.rst file, (rename to "X-Touch) and change any values that are different so they match the what the X-Touch is sending? Then I can also copy and rename the .axt file and customize the actions?

This makes a lot more sense now knowing there are unique numbers for every action in Reaper. Somehow I missed that during all this. Still not really clear on setting up sends/plug-ins, but we'll get there.

Thanks!
Old 02-01-2019, 04:03 PM   #2425
Travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
I'm not sure about the mini. I believe others have reported that the feedback doesn't work for that controller or the compact controller.
I got the feedback working in traktor, it runs on channel 1. I can't remember whether I tried sending the same parameters back as feedback, but I imagine I tried that first and it didn't work.
Is there a way of sending feedback on a channel separate to the ones the parameters are sending on?
Old 02-02-2019, 04:44 AM   #2426
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Comparing the MCU.rst to what I mapped from the X-Touch, most things are the same, but there are a few things using different values. For example, the jog wheel in MCU is b0 3c 7f b0 3c 00, but the X-Touch gives b0 3c 41 b0 3c 01.

I'm guessing the first step would be to copy the MCU.rst file, (rename to "X-Touch) and change any values that are different so they match the what the X-Touch is sending? Then I can also copy and rename the .axt file and customize the actions?

This makes a lot more sense now knowing there are unique numbers for every action in Reaper. Somehow I missed that during all this. Still not really clear on setting up sends/plug-ins, but we'll get there.

Thanks!
Yup, you got it

Reaper actions can be numbers or strings, CSI handles this.

As well, there are CSI Actions that are coded directly, anything that isn't a Reaper action is a CSI Action.
Old 02-02-2019, 04:45 AM   #2427
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I got the feedback working in traktor, it runs on channel 1. I can't remember whether I tried sending the same parameters back as feedback, but I imagine I tried that first and it didn't work.
Is there a way of sending feedback on a channel separate to the ones the parameters are sending on?
That is planned but not yet implemented.
Old 02-02-2019, 06:37 AM   #2428
MixMonkey

I've just uploaded a collection of files to the stash to setup the Behringer BCR2000 to use with CSI.

They allow control of faders, pans, mutes, solo, record arm, send levels and mutes and dedicate 16 rotaries to plugin control.

Feedback is working on all controls that allow it, so the LEDs on encoders and buttons on the BCR2000 reflect, and are updated by, their on screen status.

Download and further explanation here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/35341/BCR2000CSI.zip

If you examine the files you should be able to modify/extend to better suit your needs (the file only uses one BCR2000 patch, there's nothing to stop you extending across more patches to cover more controls (eg having a patch where the buttons control read/write status instead of mute/solo.)

Let me know how you get on.

Last edited by MixMonkey; 02-02-2019 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Plugins get 16 rotaries not 8:)
Old 02-02-2019, 10:05 AM   #2429
nofish

Quote:
I've just uploaded a collection of files to the stash to setup the Behringer BCR2000 to use with CSI.
Also BCR2000 user here. Nice one, thank you.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:19 PM   #2430
Travesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
That is planned but not yet implemented.
Cool, thanks. It is kind of a strange controller the xtouch mini
Old 02-04-2019, 02:39 AM   #2431
jamesd256

Quote:

Wow. Really appreciate sharing this, now looking forward to getting home to play.

Thanks!
Old 02-04-2019, 05:30 AM   #2432
Geoff Waddington

Quote:

They allow control of faders, pans, mutes, solo, record arm, send levels and mutes and dedicate 16 rotaries to plugin control.

Feedback is working on all controls that allow it, so the LEDs on encoders and buttons on the BCR2000 reflect, and are updated by, their on screen status.

Download and further explanation here: https://stash.reaper.fm/v/35341/BCR2000CSI.zip

If you examine the files you should be able to modify/extend to better suit your needs (the file only uses one BCR2000 patch, there's nothing to stop you extending across more patches to cover more controls (eg having a patch where the buttons control read/write status instead of mute/solo.)

Fantastic, thanks !!
Old 02-04-2019, 07:58 AM   #2433
SebyMusic

Quote:

Hi, very nice work sir. Little question, I've loaded a ReaEQ plugin on my first track, but don't know how to access it on the controller, even if the windows plugin is selected.

tks
Seby
Old 02-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #2434
SebyMusic

Default Other BCR2000 Question

Hi, I use the mapping found here for the BCR.
Now, the way it's mapped, is that every vertical strip correspond to let say the first 8 tracks in my daw.
How can I program/map it so I have only the first strip to control what ever the track that is selected in my daw. In other word, I want let say the first left button to be always the volume for the selected track for instance.

tks
Seby

Channel
RotaryA Fader14BitFB -60.0 12.0 e0 7f 7f e0 00 00
RotaryG1Push Press 90 18 7f
RotaryG1 Fader7BitFB b0 10 7f b0 10 00
RecordArm Press 90 00 7f
Solo PressReleaseFB 90 08 7f 90 08 00
Mute PressReleaseFB 90 10 7f 90 10 00
Select Press 90 20 7f
RotaryG3 Fader7BitFB b0 21 7f b0 21 00
RotaryG3Push Press 90 38 7f
ChannelEnd
/
UserButton1 Press 90 30 7f
UserButton2 Press 90 31 7f
UserButton3 Press 90 32 7f
UserButton4 Press 90 33 7f
/
RotaryB1 Fader7BitFB b0 29 7f b0 29 00
RotaryB2 Fader7BitFB b0 2a 7f b0 2a 00
RotaryB3 Fader7BitFB b0 2b 7f b0 2b 00
RotaryB4 Fader7BitFB b0 2c 7f b0 2c 00
RotaryB5 Fader7BitFB b0 2d 7f b0 2d 00
RotaryB6 Fader7BitFB b0 2e 7f b0 2e 00
RotaryB7 Fader7BitFB b0 2f 7f b0 2f 00
RotaryB8 Fader7BitFB b0 30 7f b0 30 00
RotaryC1 Fader7BitFB b0 31 7f b0 31 00
RotaryC2 Fader7BitFB b0 32 7f b0 32 00
RotaryC3 Fader7BitFB b0 33 7f b0 33 00
RotaryC4 Fader7BitFB b0 34 7f b0 34 00
RotaryC5 Fader7BitFB b0 35 7f b0 35 00
RotaryC6 Fader7BitFB b0 36 7f b0 36 00
RotaryC7 Fader7BitFB b0 37 7f b0 37 00
RotaryC8 Fader7BitFB b0 38 7f b0 38 00
Old 02-04-2019, 10:23 AM   #2435
SebyMusic

Default How can I do that on sends please?

Hi, on my BCR2000 how cn I assign Encoders on different Sends?
Now, this one is working
RotaryG1 TrackSendVolume

But this is what I want
RotaryG1 TrackSendVolume1
RotaryG2 TrackSendVolume2
RotaryG3 TrackSendVolume3
RotaryG4 TrackSendVolume4
etc...

tks
Seby
Old 02-04-2019, 12:48 PM   #2436
MixMonkey

Hi, glad you got most of it working
Quote:
Little question, I've loaded a ReaEQ plugin on my first track, but don't know how to access it on the controller, even if the windows plugin is selected.
ReaEQ is working here, did you put the BCR2000 FXT folder in the CSI FXT folder and select it in the CSI prefs?

Quote:
How can I program/map it so I have only the first strip to control what ever the track that is selected in my daw.
Set 'Channels' to 1 in the CSI prefs and then whatever channel you select in Reaper will appear on the first strip

Quote:
Hi, on my BCR2000 how cn I assign Encoders on different Sends?
This is a popular request, but I don't know of a way to access the different sends directly, only how to step fwd/back.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #2437
jamesd256

I am probably being thick as usual

I believe I've sent the sysex to the BCR. Couldn't figure out how to do it in BC Man so sent the .syx via midi ox. No response from the BCR during send.

I am pretty sure I followed installation right. I've added the BCR to the Green page and am monitoring midi in+out. I removed all the other surfaces.

Moving the controls on the BCR results in messages like this:

IN -> bcr b2 47 6f
IN -> bcr b2 47 6e

in the monitor.

But the mappings described in the notes don't seem active.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2019, 04:32 PM   #2438
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesd256 View Post
I believe I've sent the sysex to the BCR. Couldn't figure out how to do it in BC Man so sent the .syx via midi ox. No response from the BCR during send.
This is most likely your problem. When the BCR receives sysex, the LED display has a little circular dance it does. Make sure you have one MIDI in port and one MIDI out port activated in MIDIOX. I used MIDIOX to test the sysex file I saved from BCR Manager, so it does work.

Having said all that, it is definitely worth your while getting BC Manager working. Developing these files would have been close to impossible without it.

BTW are you on Windows or Mac?
Old 02-04-2019, 04:49 PM   #2439
jamesd256

Quote:
This is most likely your problem. When the BCR receives sysex, the LED display has a little circular dance it does. Make sure you have one MIDI in port and one MIDI out port activated in MIDIOX. I used MIDIOX to test the sysex file I saved from BCR Manager, so it does work.

Having said all that, it is definitely worth your while getting BC Manager working. Developing these files would have been close to impossible without it.

BTW are you on Windows or Mac?
Thanks for your help with this. PC/Windows 10.

When I set up the midi device in BC Man and detect B-Controls, it complains about a midi loop.

When I select my BCR, then open the .bcr file, then hit send all data, the BCR does the little dance you describe, but while it's apparently sending, BC Man complains:

Error: MIDI system exclusive error
Wrong command
Message 292

For every command. The lights of the encoders all set one by one, then it's done.

Same result in Reaper.

BTW, it's an old unit with firmware 1.07 rather than the latest 1.10. Could that make a difference?
Old 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #2440
SebyMusic

Default This is for Geoff

Hi, can you please confirm me that it is possible with CSI or not please.
tks
Seby

On my BCR2000 how can I assign Encoders on different Sends?
Now, this one is working....
RotaryG1 TrackSendVolume

But this is what I want
RotaryG1 TrackSendVolume1
RotaryG2 TrackSendVolume2
RotaryG3 TrackSendVolume3
RotaryG4 TrackSendVolume4
etc...

tks
Seby