Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 01-01-2019, 11:49 AM   #641
Jack Winter
Human being with feelings

I don't remember seeing that either.

How about we take the discussion to a new or another thread, as this one is supposed to be about reaper bugs, and this is very probably a linvst and not a reaper bug.
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)
Jack Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 09:38 PM   #642
osxmidi

The Zombies.

As far as I can work out, the zombies should get collected and disposed of automagically, that's what seems to happen with the systems I've used, so after some time the zombies should disappear.

"When the process that created the zombies ends, init inherits the zombie processes and becomes their new parent. (init is the first process started on Linux at boot and is assigned PID 1.) init periodically executes the wait() system call to clean up its zombie children, so init will make short work of the zombies."

I did have signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN); in the code which signaled to ignore the zombies but there seems to be a possible bug with it and the newer kernels and so LinVst would not run with it and the newer kernels and so I needed to take it out, and that was around 6 months ago.

The signal(SIGCHLD, SIG_IGN); can be uncommented by removing the // at the start of the line in remotevstclient.cpp, but I had trouble with it on Manjaro but maybe it's ok now.

Or, if someone is really concerned with the zombies then they can uncomment (remove the /* and */ lines) in remotevstclient.cpp but that will increase the plugin exit time a bit which can add up for multiple plugins.

RemoteVSTClient::~RemoteVSTClient()
{
/*
for (int i=0;i<5000;i++)
{
if (waitpid(-1, NULL, WNOHANG))
break;
usleep(100);
}
*/
}

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-01-2019 at 11:25 PM.
osxmidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 01:22 AM   #643
monty

@osxmidi
Thank you for the explanation and the quick fix!

@Jack Winter
can you please move this post into another thread or into the linux main thread?
Manjaro-KDE RT, AMD FX-8350, 16GB, nvidia GT 630, Multiscreen (2x 22", 1x 15"), Reaper (latest) Theme: iLogic Next, Interface: Tascam US-16x08, ControlSurface: Tascam US-2400, Monitors: JBL 4412A, Tascam VL-S3 & Alesis Elevate 3 mkII
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 02:18 AM   #644
Jack Winter

I haven't looked at the LinVst code for ages and don't remember hardly anything about it. Here is another quick fix that appears to take care of it. Caveat I don't really understand the code, and don't know why vfork() is being used, neither what the loop and usleep() are good for. All in all it seems a little bit hacky to do it this way (my patch below), and it probably does need some more work with proper error checking, etc, or even another solution using a signal handler.

Still in a quick 5 minute testing on my laptop it seems to get rid of the zombie processes both when scanning and removing plugins. No guarantees, YMMV and all that

Change the destructor in remotevstclient.cpp to:

Code:
{
    wait(NULL);
}
Reaper for Linux Documentation (WIP). Software: Archlinux/KDE, Fabfilter FX, Komplete 8, Nebula, Schwa/Stillwell, T-racks Max/Amplitube/SVX, etc. Gear: i7-2600k/4700HQ/16GB, RME Multiface/Babyface, Behringer X32, Genelec 8040, etc. :)

Last edited by Jack Winter; 01-02-2019 at 04:10 AM.
Old 01-02-2019, 05:17 AM   #645
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Winter View Post
I haven't looked at the LinVst code for ages and don't remember hardly anything about it. Here is another quick fix that appears to take care of it. Caveat I don't really understand the code, and don't know why vfork() is being used, neither what the loop and usleep() are good for. All in all it seems a little bit hacky to do it this way (my patch below), and it probably does need some more work with proper error checking, etc, or even another solution using a signal handler.

Still in a quick 5 minute testing on my laptop it seems to get rid of the zombie processes both when scanning and removing plugins. No guarantees, YMMV and all that

Change the destructor in remotevstclient.cpp to:

Code:
{
    wait(NULL);
}
I don't know how I ended up with that code, I've changed LinVst 2.4.1 to wait(NULL); and changed vfork to fork as you suggested, so the zombies should be ok.
Old 01-02-2019, 07:50 AM   #646
Jack Winter

Ah cool. Hopefully it works for everyone, as I haven't really tested more than scanning my plugins twice and adding/removing a few plugs.

Regarding vfork() vs fork(), all I know about vfork() is that the man pages seem to indicate that it really shouldn't be used anymore, and I didn't test changing it to a fork() as I wasn't sure if it was there for a specific reason.

Time to build a new linvst Wish I could get waves central working though, as this is driving me crazy...
Old 01-02-2019, 08:12 AM   #647
monty

hmm. I have used the debian bin version but after re-scanning many VST does no longer work and I see messages popup w/ wrong version of linvst server or server not found ... not for all vst. I will try to compile the source and replace the debian bin files.
Manjaro-KDE RT, AMD FX-8350, 16GB, nvidia GT 630, Multiscreen (2x 22", 1x 15"), Reaper (latest) Theme: iLogic Next, Interface: Tascam US-16x08, ControlSurface: Tascam US-2400, Monitors: JBL 4412A, Tascam VL-S3 & Alesis Elevate 3 mkII
Old 01-02-2019, 11:32 AM   #648
monty

looks good so far ... no more zombies ;-)
I had to scan a few times and removed double files with different names from /usr/bin but now it works ;-)
thank you guys!
Old 01-03-2019, 07:05 AM   #649
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
hmm. I have used the debian bin version but after re-scanning many VST does no longer work and I see messages popup w/ wrong version of linvst server or server not found ... not for all vst. I will try to compile the source and replace the debian bin files.
Unfortunately, things like that can happen when the older version .so files are not totally deleted or overwritten with the new linvst.so.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:13 AM   #650
osxmidi

Quote:
Ah cool. Hopefully it works for everyone, as I haven't really tested more than scanning my plugins twice and adding/removing a few plugs.

Regarding vfork() vs fork(), all I know about vfork() is that the man pages seem to indicate that it really shouldn't be used anymore, and I didn't test changing it to a fork() as I wasn't sure if it was there for a specific reason.

Time to build a new linvst Wish I could get waves central working though, as this is driving me crazy...
I've just tested Waves Central with Wine Staging 4.x on a MX Linux Debian based system (and the WineHQ Debiam Wine binaries) and it's all ok.

Other distros and their Wine binaries I don't know whether they work,

I also tested the Waves VST3 API-560 and Abbey Road Plates plugins with the DDMF Metaplugin VST3 to VST2 wrapper and Wine Staging 4.x and Debian Stretch/Sid and it all seems pretty good.

(The renamed) linvst.so loads the DDMF Metaplugin VST2 and the DDMF Metaplugin is sort of like Carla and can load VST3's and make them available to the DAW, very interesting and it works pretty well.

So if Waves (or other plugins) go just VST3 then it's still possible to run VST's using the DDMF Metaplugin VST3 to VST2 wrapper.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:25 AM   #651
monty

great work osxmidi!
& thanks for the quick extra build
Old 01-04-2019, 03:13 AM   #652
Jack Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by osxmidi View Post
I've just tested Waves Central with Wine Staging 4.x on a MX Linux Debian based system (and the WineHQ Debiam Wine binaries) and it's all ok.
Grr, then I suppose I've been wasting my time creating prefixes and playing with overrides Suppose it must either be a problem with wine, runtime libs or the GPU on my systems.

Would you mind terribly posting the terminal output when you start Waves Central so that I can compare it to the output on my system? Maybe it can give me a starting point in trying to solve this problem. No need for the output when installing as that seems to work fine.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:00 AM   #653
osxmidi

Quote:
Grr, then I suppose I've been wasting my time creating prefixes and playing with overrides Suppose it must either be a problem with wine, runtime libs or the GPU on my systems.

Would you mind terribly posting the terminal output when you start Waves Central so that I can compare it to the output on my system? Maybe it can give me a starting point in trying to solve this problem. No need for the output when installing as that seems to work fine.
1.txt is Waves Central starting up.

I'll include what Waves Central does when it installs the chosen plugins for anyone that's interested.

2.txt is Waves Central doing the plugin install.

I added the reg entries and the 32 bit robocopy mfc42 and mfc42u overrides and then installed robocopy while a usb drive was inserted.

Then I installed Waves Central.

I added a 64 bit mfc140.dll override because some Waves plugins seem to need it.

Waves Central seems to use a windows version of curl (curl.exe) and robocopy.exe.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1.txt (13.9 KB, 444 views)
File Type: txt 2.txt (39.9 KB, 258 views)

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-04-2019 at 05:17 AM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:55 AM   #654
Jack Winter

@osxmidi: Thanks a lot! Just a question, what kind of GPU (graphics driver) are you using on this machine?
Old 01-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #655
4duhwinnn

Quote:
No need for the output when installing as that seems to work fine.
Does lack of an error message from an install
operation guarantee a completely complete install? I'm not
so trustful of the big-n-bad installer guys.
Maybe run dmesg | tail after a seemingly successful install?

Hopefully you'll be humming 'another one bites the dust'
pretty soon!
Cheers
4duhwinnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 08:44 PM   #656
osxmidi

Quote:
@osxmidi: Thanks a lot! Just a question, what kind of GPU (graphics driver) are you using on this machine?
The system I used was an i7 with a Radeon HD 6670/7670.

I have had Waves Central running on an old Dell Inspiron Core Duo with the standard Intel graphics and that was running Debian and Ubuntu.

Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 is needed I think but it's usually installed by default but if something went wrong then maybe winetricks vcrun2012.

WINEDEBUG might show something, the log files can be huge.

Last edited by osxmidi; 01-05-2019 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 04:41 AM   #657
Jack Winter

Waves central does install in a kde neon virtual machine. Even without any registry changes or any other additional software, it installs and displays its gui, which it fails to do on my normal archlinux machines..

Much as this sucks, at least it's encouraging to see it displaying the gui. Now to find out why it breaks on archlinux, which sounds like a drag...
Old 01-05-2019, 01:45 PM   #658
4duhwinnn

I've noticed various QT libs (supplied by the app itself)
in some seemingly odd locations
while looking at installs that failed. Izotope, AIR, ilok etc
I'd think Neon would have newer linux libs than some distros.
If some plugin uses QT, can/does wine ever take the plugin's search
for a lib to the linux folders outside of .wine?

Maybe it's a matter of discovering
all the places waves looks for system support files, or if it provides
it's own, and then making sure wine gets them placed where waves will
find them. A/B comparisons of each distros paths/folders/content
might reveal things. Tediously won victories...still go
in the win column.
Cheers

Last edited by 4duhwinnn; 01-05-2019 at 04:19 PM. Reason: clearity uf thawt
Old 01-06-2019, 03:53 AM   #659
monty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4duhwinnn View Post
I've noticed various QT libs (supplied by the app itself)
in some seemingly odd locations
while looking at installs that failed. Izotope, AIR, ilok etc
I'd think Neon would have newer linux libs than some distros.
If some plugin uses QT, can/does wine ever take the plugin's search
for a lib to the linux folders outside of .wine?

Maybe it's a matter of discovering
all the places waves looks for system support files, or if it provides
it's own, and then making sure wine gets them placed where waves will
find them. A/B comparisons of each distros paths/folders/content
might reveal things. Tediously won victories...still go
in the win column.
Cheers
hmm, arch & manjaro is already equipped w/ QT 5.12 while Neon is still using QT 5.11 ... possibly a problem with the wine version or wine GTK3 theming settings > winecfg > staging
Old 01-06-2019, 11:42 PM   #660
osxmidi

Quote:
Waves central does install in a kde neon virtual machine. Even without any registry changes or any other additional software, it installs and displays its gui, which it fails to do on my normal archlinux machines..

Much as this sucks, at least it's encouraging to see it displaying the gui. Now to find out why it breaks on archlinux, which sounds like a drag...
What about the window manager and wine.

Some arch users seem to have wine windows not appearing sometimes for some reason, maybe it's their window manger and their wine, I have no idea.

Have you tried running Waves Central with the window manager controls unchecked in winecfg?
Old 02-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #661
Sangeppato

Hey @osxmidi, first of all thank you so much for your amazing job!

As the LinVst developer, in your experience is there a significant performance hit running VSTs through wine and livst compared to native plugins? If so, how big?
Is it advisable to use them as daily driver for recording or overall it's just better to stick to windows, from a performance only point of view? I'm mainly interested in small amp sims from Lepou and Ignite, nothing crazy, but sometimes I ask myself if I'm missing out..
Sangeppato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #662
4duhwinnn

In my experience, not likely to be any problems or huge
performance differences, those plugins have worked fine in wine for a long time,
and should also with linvst. The link below is to Scorchcrafter,
a multi-stage linux native ampsim, for some precise gainstaging,
that's been ported by osxmidi.

https://github.com/osxmidi/ScorchCrafter/releases

described as

"9 Amp Channels with various tube stage configurations.

Channels 1, 2, 3
Uses 2 simulated tube overdrive passes
Clean and low gain / crunch

Channels 4, 5, 6
Uses 3 simulated tube overdrive passes
Mid-range gain, moderate overdrive

Channels 7, 8, 9
Uses 4 simulated tube overdrive passes
High-gain overdrive"
Old 02-21-2019, 12:06 AM   #663
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeppato View Post
Hey @osxmidi, first of all thank you so much for your amazing job!

As the LinVst developer, in your experience is there a significant performance hit running VSTs through wine and livst compared to native plugins? If so, how big?
Is it advisable to use them as daily driver for recording or overall it's just better to stick to windows, from a performance only point of view? I'm mainly interested in small amp sims from Lepou and Ignite, nothing crazy, but sometimes I ask myself if I'm missing out..
Wine is slower but by how much seems to vary from system to system.

From my testing, one of the things that can affect latency is the vst GUI believe it or not.

It seems that the way Wine translates the Windows vst GUI to Linux can vary from card to card and maybe affect the Wine audio processing part.

If you are trying to get realtime recording with low latency then LinVst might work ok but it might depend on the system as well.

An i5/i7 with a fast graphics card and a recording interface capable of low latency with it's Linux Drivers and a realtime or low latency kernel with irq priorities setup (rtirq script) would probably be the best system.

Some seem to have been able to use amp sims ok with LinVst on their systems https://line6.com/support/topic/3066...h-added-linux/

If you feel ok with Windows and don't want to experiment a bit with Linux and maybe not get the results you would be happy with then maybe sticking to Windows would be the way to go, it's hard to say exactly.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:38 AM   #664
Sangeppato

Quote:
Wine is slower but by how much seems to vary from system to system.

From my testing, one of the things that can affect latency is the vst GUI believe it or not.

It seems that the way Wine translates the Windows vst GUI to Linux can vary from card to card and maybe affect the Wine audio processing part.

If you are trying to get realtime recording with low latency then LinVst might work ok but it might depend on the system as well.

An i5/i7 with a fast graphics card and a recording interface capable of low latency with it's Linux Drivers and a realtime or low latency kernel with irq priorities setup (rtirq script) would probably be the best system.

Some seem to have been able to use amp sims ok with LinVst on their systems https://line6.com/support/topic/3066...h-added-linux/

If you feel ok with Windows and don't want to experiment a bit with Linux and maybe not get the results you would be happy with then maybe sticking to Windows would be the way to go, it's hard to say exactly.
Thanks for the answer!
I have tested the LePou VSTs mainly (love those plugins and they don't even rely on d2d1.dll) and the results so far are great, I can't notice any extra latency (obviously with an external audio interface) and the CPU load stays very low.
I definitely prefer Linux and I'm fine tweaking things (to a certain extent), but you know, sometimes I have some doubts if it would be better to just stick to Windows-land, where all the VST are native, for music stuff. Just some stupid thoughts I guess.
Thanks again, keep up your great work!!
Old 02-21-2019, 07:30 PM   #665
4duhwinnn

Linux helps me to see what I'm doing, so I know what I'm doing.
It can be slower, and more work, but there are connections
unseen in windows audio, that I want to see and easily
modify at will. So flexibility is more important in my case.

People who are more used to 'doing it all' in a daw app,
with many dollars in plugins, might be more productive
and happier in some mac/win setting, but even such people are finding
favorite plugin collections to be working in linux.

For text work, audio editing, media playback and file management,
I also prefer linux. I use win7 to watch a little TV (with guitar
and keyboard active to practice*) and to retain no-brainer bargains until
they can be made working in wine/reaper.

* playing along with scores and soundracks helps get a feel for real productions and musicality compared to just shredding, although
practicing speed and dexterity carries over into turning
some lucky melodic magic.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:32 AM   #666
wastee

It there any chance use vst3 with linvst directly?
Not use DDMF.

I want to know the possibility if wine melodyne ara2 run in Native REAPER. haha
wastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:59 AM   #667
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastee View Post
It there any chance use vst3 with linvst directly?
Not use DDMF.

I want to know the possibility if wine melodyne ara2 run in Native REAPER. haha
No not at this time.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:42 AM   #668
Sangeppato

Quote:
No not at this time.
I was asking that same question myself.
Just out of curiosity, would it technically be possible (to directly bridge vst3) or it would require a full reimplementation of linvst?
Old 02-23-2019, 08:36 PM   #669
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangeppato View Post
I was asking that same question myself.
Just out of curiosity, would it technically be possible (to directly bridge vst3) or it would require a full reimplementation of linvst?
Yes it's possible and I've already looked into it.

Whether I get around to it, I don't know.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:43 AM   #670
Jack Winter

Finally I can hopefully wipe those embarrassing eggs off my face.

The last few days Waves Central worked on my computer, and I was able to install waves plugins and run them in reaper via linvst. Sadly today it refuses to start again I'll see if I can figure out what has gone wrong... The plugins are still authorized and seem to work fine though.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:54 AM   #671
Glennbo

I have the Waves DBX160 compressor, but never tried to get it functioning in WINE/Linux. I pretty much expect with the copy protection schemes they and some others use, that it would be more hassle that it's worth so I just bought another compressor that has a native Linux version and just quit using the Waves DBX160. I thought about looking for a crack, since I am a paying customer, but in the end, it would have to run through LinVST and would never be as efficient at the native Linux FC70 compressor from Overtone.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:27 PM   #672
Jack Winter

It seems to be related to what kernel I boot.. I suppose some kernel configuration makes it fail on the kernel I've mostly been running. That was not obvious

Waves central is quite a hassle to install, and seems to need a USB stick connected to work, though no license gets installed on it, it seems to get installed in the wine prefix C drive. No need to have the usb connected to use the plugins though.

I'm really mostly interested in maxxbass, but having fun trying vocal rider. I don't really need waves, but they do have a lot of quite useful plugins and are fast to get a decent result with..
Old 03-06-2019, 12:51 PM   #673
clepsydrae

Quote:
I'm really mostly interested in maxxbass
Same here -- they have that patent so it's still the only game in town for what it does... it'd be great if it could be working in Linux. Thanks for exploring the issue.
clepsydrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 01:37 AM   #674
4duhwinnn

I wonder if there are different usb modules loaded in different kernels?
There used to be quite a few of them, and not uniformly
made use of. Sometimes a midi interface would need a certain one
to get it working right.
Cheers
Old 03-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #675
4duhwinnn

Wave Alchemy have a classic-synthesizer-drums soundset
at www.pluginboutique.com on sale for $13

It has kit presets in sfz and kontakt format
among others. Over 900 meg of well categorized
samples which are in .wav format, so a lot will be
usable in linux.

Samples are named according to the classic synths they were
derived from. No installer, but familiarity
with your apps sample paths/prefs will be good luck.
Cheers
Old 04-13-2019, 06:34 PM   #676
4duhwinnn

Using wineasio and qjackctl, looking at htop
while one SampleTank 3 standalone exe is running, shows
four entries in htop, each with a separate PID

The readings for VIRT, RES, and SHR, and MEM% are the same
for all four SampleTank 3 entries, but the CPU% enries
differ, the first entry highest, and each subsequent entry lower,
but with the fourth entry always at 0.0
have similar benefits

I'm trying to determine if linux is imposing multi-thread,
or multicore performance on Sampletank 3, via wine/wineasio,
as SampleTank 3 reportedly does not support multicore
performance. If linux intercedes at that level,
perhaps other windows standalone apps will benefit in some ways
when used in linux.

As an aside, the SampleTank 4 release has had four version updates
in a short time to fix an array of bugs and limitations,
I hope at some point a lite version will be bundled with a cheap
but good useful hardware,
as there are some excellent features, effects, and sound quality
gains in the new version, once it gets fully sorted.
V3 runs well, sounds fine, so buying V4 outright would not have
been cost effective in my case.

Thanks for any cpu usage insights.
Cheers
Old 04-30-2019, 06:41 AM   #677
SuperEB

Is anyone running Waves plugins with "Enable GTK3 Theming" checked in winecfg?

Plugins were working fine until I checked enable - now the GUIs and all black/blank. Unchecking the box does not revert back to previous state. Plugins from other vendors are fine.

Last edited by SuperEB; 04-30-2019 at 07:13 AM.
SuperEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #678
SuperEB

Default Waves Plugin Fault druing scan

Started over with my system, and I cannot get Waves plugins to run. They install fine, can move licenses back and forth, licenses still good in W10.

I've attached a backtrace.

I've done this successfully before and pretty easily! Any ideas what is going on?

EDIT: Also noticed this:

~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/VSTPlugIns
$ wine robocopy
00fc:err:module:import_dll Loading library MFC42u.DLL (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Resource Kits\\Tools\\robocopy.exe") failed (error c000007b).
00fc:err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Importing dlls for L"C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Windows Resource Kits\\Tools\\robocopy.exe" failed, status c0000135

mfc42u.dll is in the syswow64 folder. I tried uninstall/re-install rktools.exe and still get the same result.
Attached Files
File Type: txt backtrace.txt (21.4 KB, 129 views)

Last edited by SuperEB; 05-05-2019 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-05-2019, 05:22 PM   #679
SuperEB

winetricks vcrun6 fixed the robocopy error, but that did not seem to make a difference as far as the plugins being able to load.

The terminal output below alludes to a missing dependency, but what?

$ strings "WaveShell1-VST 9.92_x64.dll" | grep -i dll
rtapi.dll
KERNEL32.DLL
kernel32.dll
.dll
get native dll path: %s
eDLLLoadingFailed
eDLLNotFound
eFaildToLoadPluginDLL
user32.dll
InnerProcessDictionary_x64.dll
\Modules\AdditionalDLLs_x64
Ntdll.dll
ntdll.dll
ArtistDlls
ws2_32.dll (x a whole bunch...)
WaveShell-VST.dll
??0WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QEAA@XZ
??0WCStResContainer@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QEAA@QEAUWT NativeDLLRefType@@I@Z
??1WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@UEAA@XZ
??_7WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@6B@
?AssertProcAddressMap@WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWaves V9_92_4@@QEAAXXZ
?AttachResContainer@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTNa tiveDLLRefType@@AEAPEAUWTResContainerType@@I@Z
?GetDLLRetainCount@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWT NativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetHMODULE@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTResContain erType@@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetNativeDLLRef@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QE AAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@XZ
?GetNativeDLLRefOfFunction@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@Y AH_JAEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetPathToBundleDLLFolder@FM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAE BVWCStPath@12@AEAV312@@Z
?GetPathToBundleDLLFolder@FM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQE AUWTPathType@@AEAPEAU3@@Z
?GetPathToOpenDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBQEAU WTNativeDLLRefType@@AEAVWCStPath@FM@2@@Z
?GetSymbol@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTNativeDL LRefType@@PEBDAEAP6AXXZ@Z
?GetSymbol@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAP6AXXZQEAUWTNat iveDLLRefType@@PEBD@Z
?GetSymbolIfExist@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTN ativeDLLRefType@@PEBDAEAP6AXXZ@Z
?GetSymbolIfExist@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAP6AXXZQE AUWTNativeDLLRefType@@PEBD@Z
?Init@PluginViewManager@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTN ativeDLLRefType@@_K@Z
?InternalLoad@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@SAHAE BVWCStPath@FM@3@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?InternalUnload@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@SAH PEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?LoadDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBVWCStPath@FM@ 2@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?ReduceDLLRetainCount@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAXQEA UWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?ReleaseDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAXAEAPEAUWTNati veDLLRefType@@@Z
?TryLoadDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBVWCStPath@ FM@2@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
KERNEL32.dll
USER32.dll
GDI32.dll
ADVAPI32.dll
SHELL32.dll
ole32.dll
OPENGL32.dll
MSVCP140.dll
WS2_32.dll
VCRUNTIME140.dll
_seh_filter_dll
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll
SetDllDirectoryA
USERENV.dll
VERSION.dll
IPHLPAPI.DLL
kernel32.dll
.?AVWCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@
.?AVWCResContainer_dll@@
.?AVDLLMap@@
Old 05-05-2019, 09:06 PM   #680
osxmidi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEB View Post
winetricks vcrun6 fixed the robocopy error, but that did not seem to make a difference as far as the plugins being able to load.

The terminal output below alludes to a missing dependency, but what?

$ strings "WaveShell1-VST 9.92_x64.dll" | grep -i dll
rtapi.dll
KERNEL32.DLL
kernel32.dll
.dll
get native dll path: %s
eDLLLoadingFailed
eDLLNotFound
eFaildToLoadPluginDLL
user32.dll
InnerProcessDictionary_x64.dll
\Modules\AdditionalDLLs_x64
Ntdll.dll
ntdll.dll
ArtistDlls
ws2_32.dll (x a whole bunch...)
WaveShell-VST.dll
??0WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QEAA@XZ
??0WCStResContainer@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QEAA@QEAUWT NativeDLLRefType@@I@Z
??1WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@UEAA@XZ
??_7WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@6B@
?AssertProcAddressMap@WCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWaves V9_92_4@@QEAAXXZ
?AttachResContainer@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTNa tiveDLLRefType@@AEAPEAUWTResContainerType@@I@Z
?GetDLLRetainCount@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWT NativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetHMODULE@RM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTResContain erType@@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetNativeDLLRef@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@QE AAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@XZ
?GetNativeDLLRefOfFunction@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@Y AH_JAEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?GetPathToBundleDLLFolder@FM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAE BVWCStPath@12@AEAV312@@Z
?GetPathToBundleDLLFolder@FM@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQE AUWTPathType@@AEAPEAU3@@Z
?GetPathToOpenDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBQEAU WTNativeDLLRefType@@AEAVWCStPath@FM@2@@Z
?GetSymbol@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTNativeDL LRefType@@PEBDAEAP6AXXZ@Z
?GetSymbol@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAP6AXXZQEAUWTNat iveDLLRefType@@PEBD@Z
?GetSymbolIfExist@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTN ativeDLLRefType@@PEBDAEAP6AXXZ@Z
?GetSymbolIfExist@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAP6AXXZQE AUWTNativeDLLRefType@@PEBD@Z
?Init@PluginViewManager@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHQEAUWTN ativeDLLRefType@@_K@Z
?InternalLoad@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@SAHAE BVWCStPath@FM@3@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?InternalUnload@WCBundle@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@SAH PEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?LoadDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBVWCStPath@FM@ 2@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?ReduceDLLRetainCount@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAXQEA UWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
?ReleaseDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAXAEAPEAUWTNati veDLLRefType@@@Z
?TryLoadDLL@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@YAHAEBVWCStPath@ FM@2@AEAPEAUWTNativeDLLRefType@@@Z
KERNEL32.dll
USER32.dll
GDI32.dll
ADVAPI32.dll
SHELL32.dll
ole32.dll
OPENGL32.dll
MSVCP140.dll
WS2_32.dll
VCRUNTIME140.dll
_seh_filter_dll
api-ms-win-crt-utility-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-string-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-filesystem-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-math-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-time-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-locale-l1-1-0.dll
api-ms-win-crt-environment-l1-1-0.dll
SetDllDirectoryA
USERENV.dll
VERSION.dll
IPHLPAPI.DLL
kernel32.dll
.?AVWCDLLInterface@Utils@wvWavesV9_92_4@@
.?AVWCResContainer_dll@@
.?AVDLLMap@@

There is a mfc140.dll override that I've done for some plugins.

Waves need a whole procedure, so check the Waves section in the LinVst readme.