View Single Post
Old 11-10-2021, 05:56 PM   #14
kirk1701
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post

Really and truly Kirk, if you find some songs that you know sound good, either from listening to them on various systems, or just general knowledge, and then EQ them with the monitor FX so that they sound the best they can on your earphones, that will give you a better listening advantage, at least I think it will.

I use ReaEQ because I think it's very accurate, plus you can have as many bands as you want. I"ve got a default ReaEQ that has 10 bands and each band has a bandwidth of .28 octaves except band 1 & 10, Band 1 is a Low Shelf and band 10 is a high shelf. That way you start off with a small BW and can expand it as needed.

You might ask "why such small bandwidths"? If you use Span and put the "Smoothing" into 1/6th octave, you should be able to see how the the short BW can help. Also, I think it's easier and better to start with a short BW and widen it as necessary instead of the other way around.
Sure, I follow. I'm just not sure I understand what to boost or cut.