View Single Post
Old 07-30-2018, 09:22 AM   #499
airon
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombuur View Post
I simply can't make Reaper work with video. I have been all over the place and there is lots of technical stuff, just confusing. There are links to installing VLC which leads to a bunch of files, so which one(s) of those to install for Win10 and Reaper both 64 bit?

I tried one VLC and as a standalone it seems to work, but not with Reaper.

Then I opened the dreaded Cubase 9.5 which worked right away with the video media. Unfortunately I have all audio I need for this project in Reaper ... This whole things just reminds of what a DIY DAW Reaper is. Very capable and modifiable, but you have to do a lot of tinkering yourself.

Could someone please explain the process of installing codecs and whatever is needed to make Reaper cope with video. In a simple step by step way, please.
If it's Windows. perhaps it is this problem :
Quote:
Windows users need to download the 32-bit version of VLC if they're using the 32-bit version of Reaper and the 64-bit version of VLC if they're using the 64-bit version of Reaper.
Please also keep in mind that VLC v3 and up only just got supported in Reaper v5.93. So that may have been the problem.

Please let us know how it goes or whether it's a different problem.

You can always check what Reaper is using by checking the Source Properties (CTRL+F2 default shortcut) of the video item.

Sidenote, I've updated the Wiki page for video support to reflect that v3.0.3 of VLC is now supported, as well as that FFMPEG v4 is going to be supported in all likelihood in v5.94 of Reaper.

Last edited by airon; 07-30-2018 at 09:31 AM.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote