View Single Post
Old 12-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #4
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
I frequently use dual instances of ReaVerb to do true stereo functionality. Possible, but clumsy.
Patched with the pin settings from my screenshot, the four impulses in a quad file get the proper channel inputs, and outputs them to the proper left and right channels, but it makes the dry signal become mono.

You could put an instance of ReaVerb on its own track 100% wet and then feed it from your final submaster, but that's a kludge.

In the LSP Impulse Reverb, you specify whether the input to an impulse is coming from the left or right, which is like the pin selecting in ReaVerb, but in the LSP Impulse Reverb you also select the output left or right for each impulse, no matter whether you are using a single quad impulse file, stereo, or individual impulses. You can see that a quad file is being used here, and the left or right for input, the track of the impulse file, and the output left or right are available for each of the four channels of the impulse.

Quote:
I tried to use the new "Channel tool" in ReaVerb to do this internally. But that does not seem to be possible, even though that configuration is intuitive (if you know how pin routing works) and straight forward,.

-Michel
The Channel Tool might help with stereo or mono impulses, but it can't fix what setting the the pins correctly for a quad impulse does to the dry side.

I really wish the dry side was what it implies. A signal that identically matches both in volume and in channel assignments to what is coming in on the input. Dry should not be affected. It should be dry.

Last edited by Glennbo; 12-29-2021 at 11:13 AM.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote