View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #117
Banned
Human being with feelings

Without any line in the config for NUM_FX_PARAMS, the number of parameters that gets transmitted by
Code:
FX_PARAM_NAME /fxparam/@/name /fx/@/fxparam/@/name /track/@/fx/@/fxparam/@/name 
FX_PARAM_VALUE /fxparam/@/value /fx/@/fxparam/@/value /track/@/fx/@/fxparam/@/value
FX_PARAM_VALUE_STRING /fxparam/@/paramval /fx/@/fxparam/@/paramval /track/@/fx/@/fxparam/@/paramval
is still clipped at 16. In other words, the line
Code:
NUM_FX_PARAMS 16
is some kind of default - one only has to add it when one requires a different number.

The problem, however, is that it should affect only the maximum number of parameters that 'pages' of a remote control surface can handle. It should NOT limit the number of parameters for which REAPER supports OSC, as it currently seems to do. One should be able to use something like TouchOSC with 'paged' controls, and set a number of parameters for that purpose (e.g. 16), while simultaneously being able to send/receive parameter values via OSC for e.g. a plugin on a track that has a higher index than 16. Currently, I can't. I have to include a NUM_FX_PARAMS line and raise its value to have
Code:
FX_PARAM_VALUE /track/@/fx/@/fxparam/@/value
send out values for parameters 17 and onwards of any plugin in any track. If I do (e.g. set it to a high number like 32768), 'paging' parameters will not work as designed anymore. I suspect this is just a simple bug somewhere?