View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #11
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
I just got a new laptop and last night spent a half hour trying to find "my computer" as I'm a cherry to windows 10. I fricken hate it! Part of my frustration is coming from windows this update came off as totally counterintuitive and foreign to me for some reason. The tile based gui is horrible if you ask me and stuff is hard to find. I only spent a half hour with it so I'm being a bit dramatic but why in the hell did they veer so far off the road with 10?
Happily, it is really easy to dump all those tiles. Just right click on them one at a time & unpin them. MS decided to do this stuff because they had foolishly assumed that we would all be on touchscreens, which od course all the Android and iPad users are. Just not many Windows users.
The quickest way to get used to it all is to start clicking either the left or the right mouse button on the left hand corner windows icon. One way shows you all the applications on your computer in alphabetical order, the other way brings up all the housekeeping stuff that you normally had to delve into your control panel to find. And yes there is still a file explorer and all the other oldie but goodies.