View Single Post
Old 08-08-2021, 04:19 AM   #18
fHumble fHingaz
Human being with feelings

I thought it sounded good, and I said so above. I don't know what else to say...

Here's one thing I'd suggest, though: Maybe try "paying it forward" by listening to some other music and giving some critiques.

In my experience, one of the best ways to get better at your own productions is to practice listening objectively.

At first, objectivity is a real challenge with your own music - you get used to hearing it, and even if things sound strange in actuality, after a while they sound normal to you, because you have heard it so many times.

If you listen to other people's productions, you are in a much better position to be objective, because you are not emotionally invested in it. If you practice that every day, (say listen and comment on 1 or 2 songs a day) you WILL improve in your objective listening skills.

That then transfers to your own productions - you start to develop the ability to "zoom out" and listen to things as they really are.

A side-benefit is that you actually help others improve their music, while building one of the most vital skills that a musician/producer/engineer can have... and if you make an effort to assist others, they are also more likely to be willing to assist you when you need it. Try it.

Last edited by fHumble fHingaz; 08-08-2021 at 06:22 AM.
fHumble fHingaz is offline   Reply With Quote