View Single Post
Old 08-07-2021, 03:21 AM   #11
fHumble fHingaz
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejichan View Post
Is the timing horrendous
I'm guessing that is a question... is that right? (usually followed by a question mark ;-) )

The spot where the timing needs most work is at 0:59 - 1:12, and the same part later, at 2:38 -2:52. Those chugging rhythm guitars need to be perfectly in synch with the drums. At the moment it sounds like they are rushing, and the groove trips over itself there

Quote:
Originally Posted by vejichan View Post
I think it sounds pretty good in terms of overall frequency response. It sounds better than I remember the last one. It's hard to know exactly without the original file to compare it to. The most important question is: Are you happy with it?

PS: Without wanting to offer contradictory advice, I would be wary about boosting any more subs on the the bass guitar - I'm listening on my studio monitors (with subwoofer), and there is plenty of sub-bass low end coming through.

If you have trouble gauging how much sub bass you have on your current system, call up a frequency analyser like Span and compare your mix to a reference mix in the same genre.