View Single Post
Old 08-03-2021, 03:43 AM   #21
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapero View Post
Glad to hear that

Mmm that thing about having its own setup on the MIDI devices window makes me wonder: can i still use my controller to control VST parameters AND input regular MIDI data? Or is this exclusive? If not, how do you toggle this?

Damn now i REALLY want to try it!
What I meant is that the input ports (in MIDI devices) for any SK2 connected device need to be set to 'Control Only' (not 'Enabled' as this would make the midi route through to All MIDI Inputs track input - which you really don't want to happen) - and there is also no traditional setup like a normal control surface (which would normally use the Control/OSC/web tab in Preferences).

SK2 does have it's own setup routine that generates all the required tracks for receiving and routing midi to where it needs to go.

So all of your controllers midi will be routed to the SK2 control tracks which then takes care of any further MIDI routing (and conversion) onto record-armed tracks via a loopback midi port (You would need to have a loopback midi port installed - and there are free ones available for all OS's).

But simple answer is yes - with SK2 you can generate and send MIDI CC's (both 7bit and 14bit) through to tracks for recording/capturing the CC's, control VSTs/track parameters and capture automation/trigger actions etc - all at the same time if you wish.

The good news is you really don't have to worry about any of this routing - it can be hidden away so you can completely ignore it. All you need to do is tell SK2 which ports your controller is connected to - and what controller map to use so SK2 knows what controls are available on your controller. SK2 can manage up to 4 different controller devices. More can be added with a few hacks - depending on the device.

Last edited by lb0; 08-03-2021 at 06:30 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote