View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 03:06 PM   #122
hamish
Human being with feelings

Default RE. UAD

beingmf, ted - I don't use UAD plugs myself, so I'm not sure if the following info. is current and applicable to the soft/hardware that you have.

griz lee reported using UAD on ReaMote back in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by griz lee View Post
guys,

i haven't tested this with the newest drivers (4.7.1), but as far as 4.6 which i've got installed, you can actually do a neat trick with the UAD plugins. They will work with Reamote!

Here's how:

install the uad driver, and plugins onto the machine without the card. Sounds dumb, huh? Well, what i found happens is that the interfaces come up fully functional, nothing else of course happens. BUT, that's good enough for ReaMote, it just needs the interface of the plugs to be the same I think. What then happens as far as processing is sent off to the remote slave.

So, with your plugins+card on the remote machine, and using just the interfaces on the local machine, you can access your uad-1 via reamote and still get the interfaces.

Magic. I hope this still works in 4.7. The above appears fine for me in 4.6

However, like you I have loads of stuff on dongle (urs mainly) that i can't use. It certainly would be good to have the actual gui of the remote plugins pop up, and also to be able to split parts of fx chains for local and remote processing so you don't get the all or nothing deal we have. This said, I absolutely love ReaMote !! A very, very cool feature indeed.
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote