View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 12:29 PM   #2035
MixMonkey
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Been thinking a bit further on this...

For the MCU rotaries style FX mapping, 8 is a pretty limiting number.

I'd be willing to propose the following:

Top press can be used either as a button connected to an action, or as a drill-down.

Drill-down limited to one level, you must assign one Top Press (e.g. Channel 1) as "BackToTopLevel" button.

That leaves 7 free per drill-down page.

7 x 8 = 56 + 8 (Top Level) = 64 rotaries + a bunch of Top Presses.

What do you think, seems like it's in the sweet spot, a lot more functionality without too much more complexity
This sounds fine to me Hopefully it isn't too much work. It would add masses more functionality. Even just adding MapFocusedFX is a big step forward because it would devote the whole of the surface to a single plugin.

With only one plugin in play, the parameters for one slot can occupy the same controls as those for another slot. With MapFXToWidgets they can't, they have to 'avoid' one another, making it difficult to combine plugins.

Also, this is how people conceptualise the plugin layout- they think in terms of slots, rather than in terms of a channel strip. I agree with poetnprophet that it's good having a lot of controls to hand from different plugins, so TrackOnSelection MapFXToWidgets is by no means redundant, but it does require thought to be given to how different plugins will interact with each other on the surface. With MapFocusedFX, you can just wing it in terms of the control layout, although for things like eq and compression you'll probably end up putting the parameters in the same place on the surface
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote