View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:03 AM   #375
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundorin View Post
I've downloaded your source code from GH, Geoff, so I could deconstruct it and build a basic csurf plugin as a starting point for my controller.
But, when I've opened reaper_csurf_integrator.sln in VS2017, I've got the following set of warnings and errors. What do you think might be a reason for those? https://i.imgur.com/M7S5HkL.png
Ok, so to first answer your question, the errors are in VS because I develop on a Mac and I simply haven't compiled on Windows in a week or so, thanks for doing my work for me re: Windows issues, I am surprised that's all it didn't like

To fix the errors you need to compile for C++17, google how to set VS for C++17, adjust VS accordingly and you should compile.

That said, this code is in a state of development and is a bad candidate to study.

Second, and MUCH more important, it is a terrible introduction to all of this, in order to accommodate external definition by map files, the code is EXTREMELY indirected and thus VERY hard to understand and reason about !!!

Believe me, I know, I wrote the damn thing and find myself hopelessly lost more often than not

So, please don't start your C++ code journey here, for your own mental health, you need a more direct example, like the Faderport SDK example as others have pointed out

Last edited by Geoff Waddington; 12-18-2017 at 10:09 AM.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote