View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #14
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaktor:[Dave] View Post
Parameter feedback with any midi device? Also with the novation remote zero sl mk2? Would I be able to have Reaper sent the parameters names and values of any currently focused plugin to the display and knobs assigned to them? Maybe even switch to the next 8 parameters? Without Automap, of course ...
I'd think so, yes. I haven't used that device before, and am not familiar with how it displays parameter names, but typically such things are done via SysEx, using the ascii format for text characters. So I'm pretty sure it can all be done; what you describe all works pretty well here. I only use a second screen standing behind my controller to display things like parameter names and 'normalized' parameter values (e.g. '303.808 Hz') because the MIDI controllers I currently have aren't quite cool enough to have proper (dual) text displays for individual controls/parameters. Switching parameters in banks still annoys me though, because we're not able to easily redefine the order or parameters. That can especially be uncomfortable when the order does not suit your preferences and/or when you use plug-ins with very large numbers of parameters.

Apologies for the late reply, btw.