View Single Post
Old 04-22-2019, 04:33 PM   #36
sjs94704
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Not hijacking your post my friend just using it as a springboard... What I've found is each person needs to do their own comparison of all the features/gotchas then make a decision. I've not found a single one that doesn't have some gotcha I don't like and there is no best really.

I went with CD baby because with DistroKid you have to pay the fee every year forever, or you lose the distribution/store stuff if you don't pay that recurring fee. With CD baby there's a commission, but it's there forever - the main point though is more about those same fine print items mattering differently to different people.

I suppose I should give my experience with CDBaby and that is that they were great, the website backend managment is great, and I had a representative call me whom I could actually call back and talk to - we exchanged email and calls several times - the website or they themselves answered all questions and walked me through anything I didn't know so I must give them huge props for their help. The entire process was a joy to be honest.
Thanks karbomusic!

Based on your feedback I'm sold on CD Baby! I don't know about other people, but, good communication is important to me and it sounds like compared to most other services I've looked into, based on your comments, CD Baby seems to even know what communication is in the first place!

I started out going with LANDR.com, but I have reached out to them several times and I get no answer or the answer is very slow....a week has gone by and my song is still not published. So, I'm moving on to CD Baby.......