View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 09:05 AM   #182
dea-man
Human being with feelings

Default I feel I have to back up Pipelineaudio's statement ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
I cant agree with a blanket better or worse, just different. If the sims had come out first, we'd be calling hardware amps "silly caveman fakes attempting to get a tiny slice of the real thing"
The "boobs" analogy was to point out that it is all a matter of perspective.

If a song "does it for you" (completely turns you on), the first chief concern in mind is not "how was this recorded, what ingredients were used, what models of tools were used", but rather "God, how I love this song and how it makes me feel, how I connect with it and it with me, how I love that it externally expresses something contained internally."

Now granted, we here at the Reaper Forum do "care" about the "how and why" of the tools, ingredients, and models a great deal. Initially though, for me, that is not the attraction.

Some people are attracted to big golden bozo, funbag boobs, others to small, perky tits. Some like big, honkin' nipples with saucer sized areola's. Some enjoy tiny, Hershey Kiss sized niplets.

Initially, they may be an attractant. Ultimately, it's not the size of the breast that counts, so much as the person to whom they are attached.

For me, it's not whether a guitar sound was achieved with an amp sim, rather it's my appraisal of the "song", that adds value to the tools that were used during its construction.