View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 07:03 AM   #4
hamish
Human being with feelings

Default dependencies over reamote

Hello, this thread is looking like a little lost blog, but I'll keep it going while I'm doing lots of Reamote research.

Before you go on be aware this is quite win XP specific...

Scanning the forums for reamote posts there are a couple of questions about what happens if an instrument or effect has a dependency on a data file. Most commonly that would be a sampler instrument or a convolution reverb. (understand that patch info IS sent along with any MIDI or audio to be processed, but data dependencies such as samples are not. I think...)

This means that your presets can be on your MASTER, and when you load a preset, the inst or FX instance on the SLAVE is updated instantly, sent by REAPER.

Data files like samples and impulse responses need to be in mirror directories (identical paths, including drive letter) on both MASTER and SLAVES. Or so I thought after reading this post

http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthre...hlight=reamote

Anywho today I had the pleasure of 1)loading up SFZ in my MASTER. 2) loading it with an sf2 from MY SLAVES sf2 FOLDER via "my network places" in the SFZ open sf2 explorer. 3) selecting "Reamote #1 xxxxxxxx" in my Track FX. 4) pressing play and getting good stuff 5) did it on another instance. 6) still plays well.

Other things that may be of importance.... I set my drive on the SLAVE to be shared. (via setup the MSN Home network thing with no firewalls, even had to shut down some persistent do-gooder processes through taskmanager)

unzip this ogg vorbis for the cheesy proof that it rendered true.
Attached Files
File Type: zip small_world-sfz_leads-9LaN-glockenspiel.zip (880.7 KB, 519 views)
hamish is offline   Reply With Quote