Thread: Deaf in One Ear
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:03 PM   #23
JamesPeters
Human being with feelings

If you use the word "theory" as such, you clearly don't understand what it means. For you it means a guess. For science it's something completely different.

Science doesn't claim to know everything. However, it's the only reliable method we have for acquiring useful knowledge. And our knowledge, as incomplete as it is, becomes more refined. Science cannot be compared to woo as though it "doesn't know everything either" therefore "random assertions may be just as good".

You'd be served well by educating yourself more about science, and cognitive biases. Assertions made by woo and pseudoscience are not equally valid as claims made by actual science, for good reason.

"Have you ever tried it?" LOL. So if someone did reiki on me in March of this year, when my hearing temporarily improved at that time (on its own), should I have attributed that to reiki being a valid treatment? This is how woo gets any credibility: coincidence. You remember the "hits" and ignore the "misses" (confirmation bias). That plus the placebo effect.

Last edited by JamesPeters; 12-11-2020 at 07:14 PM.
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote