View Single Post
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #101
Softsynth
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
I don't think so because cracked versions would bypass all of this. Funny side note, I owned a fully paid for box retail version of Logic for PC in the late 90s. I used the cracked version because it was 10 times more stable.
Do cracked versions not phone home for anything?
Are they 100% sure it won't be discovered?

As for using a cracked version of software you already bought I have no problem with that - all power to your elbow!
I would also do that if a company went belly up without making the software work without special authorization.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
^That's a slight misrepresentation - for example, it's not the $60 DAW, it's the $1200 plugin suite (depending on whether it is on sale). That's my personal scenario being a Komplete Ultimate 11 user - I already chimed in on the embellishment, but there should be no reason someone can't be rightfully annoyed about losing the ability to register an expensive software investment offline.
I bought Komplete 8 for £60 (shop closure to be fair) and Komplete 11 upgrade for £120 on a hard drive. Some people are apparently prepared to pay that combined price on a single plugin!!!
Not likely to go to Ultimate. Multi versions of Ultimate really add up!

Last edited by Softsynth; 08-10-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote