View Single Post
Old 05-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #12
Mr. Data
Human being with feelings

How could this whole thing not remind me of the 'Scope' software by 'Sonic Core' (formally 'Creamware'), which comes with their Hardware?

Their paradigm of routing allows to put every signal, be it audio or MIDI, wherever you want it to go to, be it external hardware or internal software inside your computer.

Here is an example:

(As a sidenote: You might notice, that this setting has quite a few elements that are not connected. All I wanna say here is, Sonic Core's audio quality is outstanding, but the software is as shitty and BSOD-prone as it was 20 years ago. The only changes since then are a slightly changed look of the GUI and a lot of additional plug-ins. Maybe you get my anger, 'cos even if you just need drivers for Win7, 8, 10 you don't get them without buying one of their complete software packages! Anyway, that's my prob and off topic here.)

So, calming down and getting further into detail, we can have a look into one of their modules; it's a modular synthesizer, that can be built like hardware modulars, like e.g. those ole (hardware) Moogs, but without their constraints...

The following screenshot shows the same, but with (virtual) cords.

With the red-framed block at the top I wanted to emphasize that you can switch on and off the visibility of cords. You can even 'solo' cord colors and on top of that you can (notice the arrow to the knob) set the tension (or, if you will) the gravity i.e. the weight of the cords. The 'M' switch on the right hand side inside the frame gives the opportunity to keep the cords visible while moving one of the modules inside the modular window.

All of these might be useful features.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 05-03-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote