View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 03:52 PM   #55
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Hi Veto and Xenakios,

(Back from some experimenting...)

In fact I don't really know what the "input track" select does. I left it on "none" and this does not seem to matter.

In fact I was able to solve the Midi Bus routing issue (I will include this in the upgraded Live-Configs description I am doing right now).

Now, I can forward all midi events, but the program changes, to the multiple tracks that contain my audio VSTs.

But this leads to the next question.

With any row that gets selected in Live Config, I not only need to activate exactly one associated track (this does work now), but also send a dedicated Program Change message (plus in future several more midi messages) to the VSTs in that track, to have them switch to the desired sound.

I don't yet understand the meaning of any of the rightmost five fields in the Grid LiveConfig provides. Is it somehow possible to configure midi messages to be sent on activation ?

If not, I suppose I should modify the PCtoCC JFSX script to additionally send out translated program change messages. Or is it viable to use a kind of "Configuration" (including all parameters) for each "sound" of each VST ? Where and how are those stored ?

If so: Is it possible / viable to have a JSFX read a (ASCII) file from disk that holds a list "PC-Number -> Midi Messages to be sent" ? Or will I need to do such a list right within the JSFX script. This seems rather inflexible when providing the stuff to others.

What do you think ?
-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 02-05-2015 at 11:12 PM.
mschnell is online now   Reply With Quote