View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:49 AM   #116
ivansc
Human being with feelings

Sorry if this is coming from left field, but Banned and I have had a brief exchange in privated and he once again directed me to a video which supposedly shows OSC working with a BCr2000 controlling a bunch of stuff in reaper.

So my question is: Since there is no evidence that this is indeed OSC at work and as far as I am aware there isn't anything being done with the BCR that isn't already possible with MIDI, how is this an OSC real world app that we NEED?

granted I can see where this is probably only fledgeling hops compared to the potential of OSC, but in terms of end-user applications, it doesnt appear to add anything to the pot, which brings me back to my original point that at this stage in OSC Reaper development it is less likely to sidetrack the mainstream forum if OSC stays in the pre-release forum rather than being promote somewhat prematurely (In my opinion) into the mainstream of Reaper.

Also rather glad that it isn't just me that thinks the idea that "most" people have some sort of touchpad device is optimistic.

I suppose if you are middle or upper class and either in a good job or still living with mum and dad that could be right, but otherwise I doubt it - certainly not so in the UK.

P.S. I got a Kindle for Xmas and love it & IF I could get a tablet for £60 - the equivalent of £100 at todays rate of exchange - I would. Apart from you can't see the damn things in daylight outdoors. Even have difficulty with that on my prehistoric phone...(grin)

Last edited by ivansc; 03-16-2012 at 02:50 AM. Reason: cant type for toffee
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote