View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 05:51 PM   #22
AdamWathan
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
That is a bug (obviously), specifically what happens is that after pasting the edit cursor advances to the proper position within the MIDI source data, but the bug is that it advances to the proper position in the *first* loop iteration.

In this particular project, somehow or other the source start offset got set to almost the maximum amount -- most likely by accidentally dragging the left edge of the item a pixel further left. So what you are actually seeing is the second loop iteration, and the first loop iteration is off leftwards in negative space.

We'll fix the bug so the edit cursor advance gets places in the proper loop iteration. If you are able to reproduce how you got the start offset to be wonky, that would be useful information, in case there is an unrelated bug there, or some undesirable behavior that we could make it harder to achieve.
What I did was record myself playing via the virtual MIDI keyboard, didn't change the region boundaries at all. I did however toggle back and forth between "Ignore project tempo" a couple times in the source properties and changing the project tempo. Perhaps that did something?

Regardless thanks for checking it out, pretty wild that the first time I try to do this I somehow find myself in a bizarre corner case situation, heh...
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote