View Single Post
Old 03-29-2014, 06:36 PM   #72
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro View Post
Hi Guys,
The most recent v.4 has a problem with panning now. v.3 is fine.
v4 goes 100% R upon movement. I tried swapping the code but failed. I guess this will take the master.
I cleaned up the code a bit, and renamed some variables - and probably was a bit careless there. Will look into it, don't worry, should be easy to fix.

Btw, I seriously consider myself quite a noob at scripting/programming, too. To learn this sort of stuff, I always find it useful to stare at code that I'm actually using myself, trying to understand what it's doing exactly, changing bits here and there until it breaks, then going back one step. Much better than any random textbook code example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2NPro View Post
Good news is...
After testing the jitter correction with real projects and making a hot key "unselect all tracks", I can select a bunch of tracks move either the mouse or phys fader on the SM and immediately hit my hot key to unselect all and the jitter stops as soon as I hit the hot key. This is an ugly work around but with Jitter eater at 1000, I can get down to -65db which is fine for any project less muting.

Anyway, I look forward to the next incarnations!!!

N2N
Interesting approach - if you can live with that approach (this sort of thing heavily depends on workflow and personal preferences, what's perfect for you may be worthless to me, and vice versa), maybe we can hack some automatic timer system for such an approach to make it a bit less ugly.

But 1000 still seems like a pretty large value for catching jitter... so I'm not quite sure it is working as it's supposed to.

PS: good news here, too: I found the 'magic numbers'. Fwiw, they're 1.39665 and 0.716. (But knowing that still doesn't help much, does it? ) The rescaling seems to work well in a quick test. Will probably upload new version tomorrow, after looking into fixing the pan controls on a fresh cup of coffee.

Btw, I also remembered that these 'magic numbers' depend on your settings: for this set of 'magic numbers', REAPER > Preferences > Appearance > VU Meters/Faders > "Volume fader range" must be set (from -72) to +12 dB. (If you'd be using a different setting, you'd have to use a different set of numbers.