View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 04:14 PM   #3132
Geoff Waddington
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetnprophet View Post
The only thing I would ask to add that would take this way over the top with regards to FX mapping: have an interface that can create the ZON file for fx. I'm imagining we have a list of widgets for a surface and a field for each where we can type in the param and plugin name, etc. After we fill it out, we press "create" and a Zon file is created accordingly (and maybe even CSI refreshes) so that it's done, mapped. We could take it a step further and include the Reaper stuff like "last param touched" so that we don't have to hunt for the param in the list (sometimes the the list is very long and the names are not intuitive).
Yup, that's a UI -- we're not going there

Seriously I get what you are saying, but the cost (in terms of effort on my part) of building and maintaining a cross platform GUI is VERY difficult to justify.

That's why so much effort was put into making the .mst and .zon files as simple as possible.

I would rather spend time on other features, such as OSC at this point.

Certainly down the road this is possible, of course.

As a matter of fact the .mst and .zon file format is open and simple, anyone who wants to develop a tool to generate .mst or .zon files, please feel free, I simply don't have the time right now.
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote