View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 03:42 PM   #3128
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings

Hey Geoff,

With regards to FX mapping, yes what we have now is really great. But auto FX mapping, that would be the next big thing. In Klinke's plugin, you get some created maps already included that (I'm assuming) he created. And you can modify those (although I was unsuccessful to do that). But, if an FX does not have a mapping already, all the params will still spill into the faders, albeit not in any useful order. I'm not sure that can be considered a real feature as is, but I'm thinking it would be really nice if CSI could automatically do something like that. Take the Console 1 with sections for certain params, and the fact that many params have the same wording: thresh/threshold, ratio/rat, input/gain/volume etc., could we have params that contain "xxx" automatically map to widget xyz? Maybe with an option to turn that feature on/off? Just thinking out loud.

For folders, I actually have some custom actions assigned to buttons that almost emulate that: one to collapse/open a single folder track, and one that does all folder tracks. And, I think with the inclusion of things like LongPress, I could emulate that on a per track basis like Klinke's is when you hold the select button for a folder track.

And, thanks to MixMonkey I have a perfect solution for sends that shows up on the C4 and toggles between fx and sends.

The only thing I would ask to add that would take this way over the top with regards to FX mapping: have an interface that can create the ZON file for fx. I'm imagining we have a list of widgets for a surface and a field for each where we can type in the param and plugin name, etc. After we fill it out, we press "create" and a Zon file is created accordingly (and maybe even CSI refreshes) so that it's done, mapped. We could take it a step further and include the Reaper stuff like "last param touched" so that we don't have to hunt for the param in the list (sometimes the the list is very long and the names are not intuitive).
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote