View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 09:40 AM   #413
gnzg
Human being with feelings

Default Self-duplicating FX

Hey everyone, I made a reddit thread documenting what I believe to be a software bug on reaper, here's a copy of it :
Link here:https://www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comm..._software_bug/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a weird problem where the FX chain on a track gets copied on another track whenever I try to open the FX windowIt's kinda strange so I made a little video [VIDEO CAN BE FOUND ON THE ORIGINAL THREAD] where you can see a whole bunch of reasamplomatic being duplicated everytime I open the fx window

It only happens when I try to open the FX window by clicking on the "FX" button on the TCP, clicking on the same button on the mixer panel or using a keyboard shortcut won't cause an issue, so it isn't an existential threat, but it's still annoying

I'm trying to make a track template for a drum sampler with:-1 track with 8 Reasamplomatic5000, each with its own stereo channel (1/2 to 15/16) going in a folder track which receives all 16 inputs (and can be used to add fx to any of them) and them mixes them with a "8x Stereo to 1x Stereo", which is then sent to master as stereo 1/2

I saved the folder track as a track template and when I load it, the track inside with its FXs and routing is also loaded, which is great and exactly what I want, except for the fact that self duplicating fx chain which is puzzling the hell out of me

I have tried reverting to reaper 5.99 and it fixed the issue which makes me think it's a v6 bugThe bug appears on both v6.00 and v6.01I have created an account on the Reaper forum to report it but it hasn't been activated yet (apparently the admins have to do it manually ??)

EDIT9999: I made a bunch of edit documenting my process and then erased them all because I'm quite confused and I need to study this supernatural and unholy phenomenon more thoroughly

EDIT9̶̹̟̝̝̻͚͐́͆͆͑̿́̚ͅ³̷̜͙͉̤͈̓̅̏̿͂͐̊̕͝^̸̗̭̎͒͂͂̅̈́̓͌̚ ̜͈̳3̷̢́͌́͋̇̈́̃͘3̵̠̖̬̯͇̜̪́̈́͊̈́̈́̐2̴̧̖̮̣̙̼̯̝̭̒̔͠2̵̨̛̰͙́ ̡̩̭̱̩̜͉1̷͉̖̤̤̼̑͂̿̈͒1̸̳̦͙̌2̵̫̩̫̲̝̹̮̭̼̗͒̆͂̈́̂̽͆̿: The bug just... vanished ? I can't... I... What ?
I now live in terror knowing that it might resurface at any moment,
I will keep this updated if I find anything new on the topic
Reaper 6 looks great otherwise !

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last edit highlights an important part of the issue, which is that the bug may or may not trigger at times, and I don't know why exactly, but it still pops up every once in a while

Hope this is useful, if anyone has any feedback or has experienced the same issue, please message me
gnzg is offline   Reply With Quote