View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 08:50 PM   #10633
RobinGShore
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Hi Geoff,

To clarify, this is the issue with Touch that we discussed a while back where the fader jumps to the previous level it was last touched at.

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7822

I can confirm that I'm also having this problem with my Avid S1 controller. It's been a longstanding bug with CSI, I made a post about it in May and another one in August, and it looks like Tony first posted about it even before that. Here is a description of what's going on as best I can explain:

If I start writing automation, then release the fader/knob to stop writing, then touch the fader/knob again but don't actually move it, Reaper will start writing from the value I last released on instead of the current value of the envelope. It usually corrects itself as soon as I actually move the fader/knob. This is most obvious when using the knobs, the bug is not a 100% consisting when using faders (though it happens enough to be a huge pain), but it seems to happen everytime if I use a knob.

There's also a few other longstanding automation bugs that have yet to be resolved:
  • If I move a control on a track that's in read automation mode the fader/knob values don't snap back like they should when I let go. It doesn't actually write any automation in Reaper (which is correct, it shouldn't) but since the fader doesn't snap back this mean that if I switch the track into another mode and then try to write some automation, it will start writing at the wrong value
  • If I write send automation in touch mode, the send envelope stays latched after I release it.
  • I can't change automation modes from Eucon. If I hit the eucon button for switching modes I can see the eucon mode indicator changing, but it doesn't actually change the mode in reaper. Same thing going the other way, if I switch modes in reaper, it doesn't update the automation status in eucon. I swear this was working in an earlier build.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote