View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 02:22 PM   #13
toleolu
Human being with feelings

For starters, go back into your sound settings and set the RealTek HiDef audio as your default device. If you want to go back and use your interface as your default audio, you can switch that back later. See if setting the RealTek to your default has any effect on the problem with watching the videos while Reaper is open. If you still have the same problem, just go ahead and leave that RealTek as the default for now.

I suspect the overall problem is driver related since usually, when the proper driver for a device is installed, the name of that device will show up in Windows, if Windows doesn't recognize the device, or doesn't know what to do with it, Reaper won't either.

I've attached a pic from Device Manger showing all the sound devices on my computer. Go into your device manager and see if Windows sees your interface as a sound device, I'm not 100% sure but if Windows likes the device, seems to me it should say Behringer somewhere in there, but I'll defer to the people who use Beringer equipment on that.

If Device Manager does not see it under Sound Devices, check under USB Controllers. If it shows up there, but it doesn't say Behringer there either, then the problem might be that Windows basically just sees it as a generic USB device.

Also, while you're in Device Manager, look for any "bangs" (Looks like a yellow yield sign) on any of those devices. That usually indicates that Windows has a problem with either the hardware or drivers for that device.

I think the first thing you need to do is to get Windows to properly see that device. Once Windows is happy with it, then chances are, Reaper is going to be happy with it as well.

Last edited by toleolu; 08-17-2019 at 01:02 PM.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote