View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 02:02 PM   #1
Winfield
Human being with feelings

Default REAPER is taking several minutes to initialize on project load

In short:
REAPER is taking minutes to initialize on project load. What, if anything, can be done?

The longer version:
So last week, I had some issues – the bios clock was reset and had to be adjustet and I had really long loading times with REAPER hanging on ‘initialization’ for about 5-10 minutes (on projects that used to load in under a minute). Figuring that there was a battery issue I changed the bios battery and so far haven’t had the need to adjust the clock, but it didn’t change REAPERs loading/initialization time. So I did a ‘system restore’ on windows (to about two months ago - the most recent option), but the long loading/initialization time when opening projects in REAPER persists. Also, throughout there has been some audio issues with crackles. I’m not sure about the processor use, but think it has increased (but haven’t been monitoring it systematically).

The setup:
PC (i7/32gb) with W10 and a pair of daisy chained Presonus Firestudio Projects (firewire). REAPER is v5.983 - August 29, 2019. Since initial windows installation the system has not been on the internet – this setup has been rock solid for about 3 years

Any help appreciated!
-W

Last edited by Winfield; 10-27-2019 at 11:32 PM.
Winfield is offline   Reply With Quote