View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #53
flight
Human being with feelings

Just wondering if all this is still valid and up-to-date. For instance "Markers - time signature markers from time selection" doesn't seem to still be around. Although "Insert time signature - tempo change marker" does. Is that similar?

Another difference seems to be that when I set a midi event to "ignore project tempo" it asks that I tell it what tempo to use, defaulting to 120 bpm. Not sure what to tell it, and I don't see this step outlined here. In fact, in the video example above, the time signature seems to wander between 118 and 124 as the macro is running. I'm not seeing that on my system.

At any rate, I don't seem to wind up with the same results when I use these steps. My midi stuff doesn't seem to wind up lined up with the tempo grid.

My band uses Reaper a lot to record during rehearsals. We use a mix of electronic drums with each drum item running on a different midi channel so all drum components have their own track. The rest of the band is recorded audio. These days we set the metronome and play to it when we want to record. But previously we did not, and I have a bunch of older recordings that don't sync with the project tempo. This makes editing a problem. It would be great to use the techniques outlined here, or something similar to get the tempo grid synched up with the midi stuff, which would automatically synch it to the audio, I assume.

The techniques in this thread look like they should work for that, but some items seem to be for older Reaper versions. What are folks doing now for this?

-f