View Single Post
Old 11-30-2017, 06:02 PM   #48
tack
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordi View Post
I would have liked to see how one uses this in practice, after it's set up. The basic workflow. Do you enter step record-mode and go from there, or is there a way to just place the edit-cursor down where you want an articulation to start and then press one of the given articulations?
Workflow will of course vary by individual. You can step record articulation changes in the MIDI editor, or perform them live. (Articulations are activated either by clicking on them, or via one of the actions.)

I'm but a lowly hobbyist, but I find I do some kind of hybrid, where I sketch in something rough by triggering an articulation in the vicinity of what I want (longs for chords, legato, basic shorts, pizzicato), hack away at something live recording, and then go in afterward in the MIDI editor and massage the articulations (and other MIDI events) to be more specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeroephonics View Post
I can't seem to get it to work. I ran the Action "Script: Reaticulate_Main.lua", then clicked on the [Add Reaticulate FX] button to add the "JS: Reaticulate" effect to a TCP, but the JS is in offline mode and I can't get it to come online. The FX window reads: "The following effect plug-in could not be loaded."
Wow, I'm afraid I've never seen that before either. What happens if you manually insert the Reaticulate JSFX (and drag it to the top of the chain)? Or what happens if you restart Reaper and try?

Quote:
Aside from that, I have one question regarding Bank/Program Change entry: Can this plug-in let you insert a Bank/Program Change Message at the edit cursor position by clicking on an articulation in Reaticulate's GUI? This would be a very intuitive and fast way to insert articulations note-by-note.
Yes, but it works by step-input in the MIDI Editor. So you open the MIDI editor, enable step input, and then any activated articulation will be inserted at the edit position.

The exception to that is if a program change is selected: in this case, the activated articulation will replace the selected program change, even if it happens to not be at the edit cursor.

Quote:
I wrote a Feature Request for faster Bank & Program Change Entry which you might find interesting
Yeah, a bit related to the way Reaticulate works, isn't it. At least in that one aspect of Reaticulate provides a simple GUI to inject program changes into MIDI items. The idea of a most recently used set of articulations being more easily accessible is interesting.
tack is offline   Reply With Quote