View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 09:45 PM   #17
michael diemer
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Did you try downloading and installing the AppImage of Musescore 3 from here? I'm on Manjaro now and the normal repo version is the latest, but the AppImage version worked fine on my old Ubuntu system (sadly the Ubuntu repos, which Mint also uses, are often woefully behind). Importing .musicxml files works fine here.
Yes, I did try the app image. It would not open. I made it executable, but it just froze every time. I see that this seems to be a common problem.

As for Musescore 2 not being able to open an xml file, I got an error message that the file was corrupted.

Anyway, too much bother. now that I have notion 6 working I'm set. I would of course prefer native Linux, but I don't have a problem using Windows programs with Wine. Whatever works. I definitely love Linux, and would prefer to be totally done with Windows, but at this point in time - which for me is running out, at least in this world - I'm happy to do what works.