View Single Post
Old 05-18-2020, 01:36 PM   #52
mk66
Human being with feelings

Hello and thanks for the reply.
In fact I think there are dozens of people who are wondering if there is the possibility, in addition to jamming, to be able to rehearse with the band and play more complex songs using the Ninjam system and one of these is me who use it since 2007!
My system currently foresees that a client sends a basic track of the song inside a room where all the members of the group are logged in and that it has been set up in such a way that a cycle of bars lasts 4 minutes: for example 40 BPM and 160 BPI. Let's assume that this track lasts about 4 minutes and therefore all members for 4 minutes will not listen to anything but they can tune the instrument and review their parts. At a certain point everyone will hear the track arrive at the same time and start playing until the end of the song but obviously they will do it by listening only to their own instrument and the base track: let's say that this is the phase of reviewing the song and the solo. At the end of the second 4 minutes everyone will hear what the others have played and, having previously interrupted the base, they will finally be able to play the song all together. I think this is a way to achieve the goal, don't you think?
Let's say that to try a song it takes 12 minutes in total but it is not a waste of time considering also that you can get the separate tracks for a post production.
Here is the reason why I would like to have the possibility to increase the number of BPIs at will. Unfortunately, the problem of latency in programs such as jamulus or jamkazam is not easy to solve while Ninjam ultimately does not even require particularly sophisticated hardware and does not have the problem of latency, in fact.
mk66 is offline   Reply With Quote