View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 02:20 AM   #6
Martin777
Human being with feelings

Update:

I'm now using the following configuration:

I created a MIDI input track that receives the MIDI information from my keyboard. On this track I added the following FX:

- ReaLearn to control various FX setting switching
- MIDI convert to CC to use (for now) the lowest keys on the keyboard to do LiveConfigs Track Switching
- MIDItoReaControlPath to send these CCs to the Control Path, so that LiveConfigs receives it
- MIDI transpose notes for global transpose

For each sound preset I created a separate track that contains the required VSTs. I selected my MIDI Input as "Input Track" in LiveConfigs and I added the different preset tracks as separate rows.

On each preset tracks there is an MIDI performer instance in order to assign key ranges to the VSTs on that track. In order to send the right notes to the different plugins I set each row in MIDI performer to output the notes on different MIDI buses, each on channel 1. I chose buses and not channels, because not every VST instrument allows to choose its MIDI input channel. In Reaper's track FX routing window (x/y out), followed by the I/O button, I can assign each VST to a different MIDI bus that it's listening to.

For now this seems to be a very clear and easy setup!

The only thing that I'm missing is that the global transpose occurs before splitting the keyboard, so that the split points move when transposing. Putting the transpose plugins after MIDI performer would need some synchronisation between them and I don't know if it works on MIDI buses other than 1.

Regards,
Martin
Martin777 is offline   Reply With Quote