View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 11:23 AM   #20
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Okay, latest tweaks.

Still far from perfect.

The fader button clashes with the Mute, Solo and Route buttons. At this moment in time I am prepared to live with that, but when I get time I'll try to get my head around it.

And the divider tracks at the bottom are not quite working. That might be a simple fix so I will have a look at that next.

I had to make the MCP track a little bit wider and I faffed with some settings to make it so that the value at the top of the meter isn't slightly truncated.

I tried to make some notes as I was doing stuff but I could have missed something. I will post some chunks of code here and try to explain what I did.

Most of the changes were done within the macro for drawing the MCP (macro drawMcp scale).

This first bit allowed me to alter the width of the MPC track:-

Code:
set mcp.size                           		+ + \
						+ 	?narrowMode{0} \
						* scale [54 371] \
						* scale [77 371] \   ;--synk-- Tweak MCP width by changing first value in brackets
						mcp_meterExp_s{0}>0 [nchan_offs{0}] [0] \
						+ 	gapmode{0}>=1 * scale [14] [0] \
						!sidebarMode{0} [0] [extmixer_w_s] \
						* [0 0 0 scale{0}] + 250 * mcp_maxfolderdepth mcp_indent_s ; set the min height
My change is noted after the ";--synk--" and in this case it is the 77 value.

Because I made the MCP track narrower, next to do is to make the FX button narrower:-

Code:
set mcp.fx                               	+ [fx_sec 0 nchan_offs_twothird{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} [4 7 28 20] [7 7 34 20] ;--synk-- change width of FX button by changing third value in second bracket set
Again, I note the value changed after the ";--synk--", the value which is now 34.

The bypass button seems to follow that change so nothing needed to change that.

Code:
set mcp.pan   				 	?narrowMode{0} \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [3 6 48 9] [3 15 48 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [26 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [18 4 20 20] [18 7 20 20] \
						h<hide_pan_s{0} [0] + [pan_sec pan_sec] 	trackpanmode==6 	+ [0 0 nchan_offs{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [7 6 73 9] [7 15 73 9] \
						trackpanmode>=4		+ [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [20 4 20 20] [20 7 20 20] \
						+ [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale !panLabelsMode{0} [28 4 20 20] [28 7 20 20] ;--synk-- Change lcoation of Pan control: First value in the last two brackets
The value 28 in the last two brackets of the last line of this code is changed.

Next to change is the location of the pan label:-

Code:
set mcp.pan.label                      		?narrowMode{0} \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [11 -11 35 9] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] h<hide_input_s{0} [0] * scale [17 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [10 25 35 10] \
						!panLabelsMode{0} [0] + [pan_sec mcp.pan] trackpanmode>=4 trackpanmode==6 + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [23 -11 40 9] + [nchan_offs_third{0}] * scale [8 25 35 10] + [nchan_offs_half{0}] * scale [20 25 35 10] ;--synk-- First value of last bracket alters pan label location
Change noted after the ";--synk--

Next change is to the width of the Input button:-

Code:
set mcp.recinput                         	h<hide_input_s{0} [0] + [in_sec in_sec nchan_offs{0}] * scale ?narrowMode{0} trackpanmode==5 [0] [6 0 43 16] [6 0 65 16] ;--synk-- change width of Input button by changing third value in second bracket
Change noted after ";--synk--"

Next the fader is moved over a touch, which seems to fix the truncated text:-

Code:
set mcp.meter                            	?narrowMode{0} + * scale [4 4 21 -31] [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] \
						+ [stretch_sec stretch_sec nchan_offs{0} stretch_sec] * scale h<hide_volume_label_s{0} [4 4 21 -4] !labelsMode{0} [4 4 21 -4] [3 23 21 -23] ;--synk move fader over a bit
Best way to explain what I have done here is show how the last to brackets of the bottom line looks in the original rtconfig.txt file:-

[4 4 20 -4] [4 23 20 -23]

That ever so slight tweak is all that was needed (I think)

Next is to change the location of the record arm button to suit the narrower MCP track:-

Code:
set mcp.recarm                           	+ * scale [0 0 36 24] ?narrowMode{0} - + [mcp.meter{2}] [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-1 17] \
						+ - [stretch_sec stretch_sec] * scale [-22 17] [mcp.meter{2}] ;--synk-- Change first value in brackets to tweak location of Record Arm button (this affects all buttons beneath...)
So it is the -22 value that has been changed. And that change also moves the location of the Mute, Solo and Route buttons.

I think that is is for the macro.

I don't use input effects when recording audio so I removed that by changing the value at which the Input FX button is hidden:-

Code:
set hide_inputFX		[2400] 	; height below which input effects is hidden. --synk-- changed to a silly number to permanently hide

Well, I think that is it.

I obviously have to issue a disclaimer here...

All of this code is offered as is and there may be errors. And I have only checked that it works for on particular REAPER R6 layout, referred to as "A"

I have also not done extensive testing that everything works when settings are altered with the Theme Adjuster.

So if this breaks something for you you will just have to revert to the default code, which you should have made a copy of before starting to mess around.

cheers

andy