View Single Post
Old 12-07-2019, 07:01 PM   #9
synkrotron
Human being with feelings

Default DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

Well, I have been busy... Way past my bedtime!

Anyway, I wanted to see if I could slim down both the tracks and the master track in the Mixer Control Panel.

The Master Track is a funny one for me because I only really use it for sticking a couple of plugs in the FX bin. I never solo or mute the Master Track. And in all my time I have been using REAPER (not that long compared to many) I never hit the (what is now called) Route button. so I did some tweaking to minimise the amount of stuff in the Master Track.

It is now looking like this:-

Looking at that picture it seems I could do with making the FX and Bypass button a bit narrower...

And then set about tweaking the width of the tracks. This required quite a bit more faffing around within the rtconfig.txt file trying to suss out which parameters to tweak to get the various elements to fit within the new width. I think I did as much as I could, which makes the R6 track slightly narrower than the R5 track.

They are now looking like this:-

I hasten to add that the tweaks undertaken do break a few things, like Borders, which I am unlikely to use anyway. What you see there is how I will now work in R6, with those dividers, narrower tracks and master track.

Right, it's 02:00hrs here now and I should sod off to bed...

cheers

andy