View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #9
Tod
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
If it is static as in not moving around the screen, you can just use the crop processor as far as I know but that probably makes moving/zooming fiddly. Or if your capture program allows it you can define the size as part of the capture but you may have to resize it down in Reaper back to the original dimensions - I think there were some adjustments made to how/if it resizes in a newer version than I have though.

**I'm afraid to blab too much because I use Davinci Resolve for about 80% of my video stuff now which means I could be conflating features between the two and/or unaware of things that have changed in Reaper's video handling since I last used it for something like this. I'm sure the result you want is possible but I could be missing some details without trying it myself. That said, I think the simplest way is to leave the position static, crop out what's around it if needed, then just fade it in/out. Also, if all videos contain the same audio, it should be easy to time-align them via waveform. Currently, I use 4 or more cameras + audio recorder at band practice and have no issue aligning all of them visually via waveforms in each video (unless I get in a hurry and nudge one in post by mistake).
Thanks again Karbo, I tried the free version of Davinci but could never get it to work the way I wanted it to. I used
Movie Studio Platinum 12.0 for several years and I've got Vegas Pro 14.0, but I hate fiddling with it. I've gotten to
really like Reaper for what I do, which isn't all that sophisticated.

I think I'm just going to combine the 3 videos for now, That will be better then what I've got, and I think be a good
representation for the demo.

Heh heh, What you're doing with all the cameras is beyond me...
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote