View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 05:24 PM   #11
tgehrig
Human being with feelings

Hi,
the problem is that it somehow doesn't find libninjam-common.so, even though it is built. Can you confirm that this file is lying in the ~/Desktop/gninjam/ninjam-0.02.orig? If it is, could you try adding -lninjam-common in line 9 of ninjam/cursesclient/Makefile?
Normally this should not be needed, but who knows. It could be that your compiler is more strict about the order of the arguments, so it could perhaps help moving -L../.. to some other point in the compile commando. Another solution could be replacing
-lninjam-client
by
../../libninjam-client.so ../../libninjam-common.so
Or even simpler if you want to compile libninjam to compile gninjam later on, you could simply comment out the lines that initiate the compilation of the cursesclient in the Makefile in the base directory. You'll probably also have to comment out the line for the ninjamsrv as well then. Because their you would probably get the same errors. For that you have to look for lines like:
(cd ninjam/cursesclient && make)
(cd ninjam/server && make)
or similar and remove them or put a # in front of them.
Hope I didn't forget any other alternatives;-).
PS: I did not get this error, because I had the libraries already installed. Now that I removed them from my system and compiled the source again, I get the same error, so I will have a deeper look into it.

PPS: Okay adding -lninjam-common did the trick, so forget all the rest above;-).

PPPS: Okay, I have updated the sources on my homepage, so simply download version 0.02-7 of libninjam, and everything should work fine.

MfG
Tobias

Last edited by tgehrig; 11-22-2006 at 05:37 PM.
tgehrig is offline   Reply With Quote