Thread: AbbeyRoad...
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 04:42 AM   #70
cubic13
Human being with feelings

Default v 1.30 is in the stash...

Good news, hopi : I managed to keep the theme under the 2Mb ceiling. I was expecting that the changes needed in all the involved mcp_bg*.png files for a correct display of the separators would have taken at least something like 20-30 kb. Actually and surprisingly, the whole theme file stayed with more or less the same size, once the changes done.

So, as a result, an added update, as there were things that needed to be straighten up. In this one, I :

1) fixed a nasty visual bug which involved the master track in the mixer : when selected, the dimensions of the added screwed panel in it were changing. This, because I forgot to update the mcp_main_namebg_sel.png file with its unselected counterpart in the last 1.20 update : my bad...
2) fixed the display of peak values in the mixer 'Narrow' layouts. Now, they are readable in the same way as in the default one, without truncation. This, at the cost of a widened display of the midi indicator (which, of course, doesn't behave as the meters... ).
3) fixed the appearance of locked tracks panels : they are now clearly differentiable from the unlocked ones.
4) optimized the mcp.volume control width to allow a more comfortable use of right clicking near the faders.
5) added separators layouts, one for the tcp and three for the mixer : default, narrow and thin (25 pixels).
6) added a 'Narrow - No lines' layout for this kind of mixer strips. Since the beginning of the development of this theme, I have constantly hesitated about implementing the lines joining some controls as in the default layouts. At the end, I did, but still being unable to truely make my mind about this, I kept the display with no lines as an added one.
7) made few more visual changes here and there : envcp and master.tcp headers added, among others.

@users of previous versions : only the ReaperThemeZip file should be updated.

I'm still thinking to make two more AbbeyRoad themes with different tints : so, suggestions are still welcomed, but in my mind, this update had priority. Beside this, let me know what could still be improved...

Last edited by cubic13; 12-27-2017 at 04:47 AM.
cubic13 is offline   Reply With Quote