View Single Post
Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #102
dixo
Human being with feelings

Ok, so what seem to I understand so far is that Reaper can communicate simultaneously with multiple control surfaces that all have their own bank sizes (for tracks, effects, fx parameters etc.). These devices can send bank select commands to select a different group of tracks etc. Reaper then maps the track/fx/param number within that bank to its own internal notion, independently for each surface. So, track 9 in Reaper can be track 1, bank 2 on a 8-fader surface and track 3, bank 2 on a 6-fader surface and Reaper will keep track of the current mapping for each surface. Is that right, or am I completely mistaken now?

When selecting a track in Reaper that is not in the current bank of the device, will Reaper suppress any events for that track to the device, or will it send the proper bank select to select the track on the device? Or is this controlled by the "Reaper follows device/Device follows Reaper" setting?
It looks like I need to do some experiments...

My apologies for all the questions, there is so much I don't understand and so much to learn. Thanks for all the information!

Regards,
Dixo
dixo is offline   Reply With Quote