View Single Post
Old 03-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #384
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
4.16pre26 has a complete overhaul of how the pattern config files work.
Thank you! I haven't started to test it yet, but it already makes so much more sense now just reading through the config file and comments. I really think this should improve both the learning curve of new users and the power of the feature set for more advanced users. Excellent!

I do have a bit of doubt about the syntax - I just wonder if it may be confusing to have the flag prefixed onto the OSC address pattern. But that is of minor importance, I could only suggest arbitrary alternatives, and imho only completely new users are able to pass a decent judgement on the question whether it is easy to understand. What counts is that it is easy enough to understand and configure, yet powerful. This approach seems to fit that bill well enough.

Btw, another detail: I like how "volume" is now used consistently throughout (instead of volume / level).
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Unfortunately this means all custom pattern config files created before pre26 will need to be rewritten.

There may also be new bugs caused by the changes, so please let us know if anything that worked previously stops working!
That is what pre-releases are for. I'm sure we'll get it all working as before, or better.