View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 12:37 AM   #88
l0calh05t
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_D View Post
My wife isn't a musician, but she can hear when a guitar is out of tune, or when a vocalist is flat. Can we agree that there is a point to which an instrument can be tuned so that consumers will agree that it's "in tune" and leave it at that? When I buy a CD, if it sounds good to me, it sounds good. I don't give a crap if some prick sitting in his studio doesn't like it. If it sounds in tune to the consumer it must be close enough.
sure, but you're not really helping with the "done" part

Quote:
Has anyone seen the i-pad commercial where they plug the Amplitube app for it? If I could get even that one tone from any of my modelling stuff I'd be happy. Mine are ALWAYS filled with more "fizzy hash" that what's in that commercial.
"Fizzy hash" usually means one (or both) of two things, in my experience:
1. too much gain, solution: reduce gain. add compression before amp if sustain is too low.
2. bad amp sim producing insane amounts of aliasing, solution: use a different amp sim. sadly, this applies to most amp sims out there.

Quote:
If I cut the highs it gets too muddy. I can stick a 57 in front of my cab and get a lot closer to the tone I want from it.
how are you cutting the highs? if you are already using a lowpass (as you should), maybe it isn't steep enough. for example, if you are using bx_cleansweep, it only has 6dB/octave, which is not enough for this problem. if you are using a lowpass in reaeq, how did you set the bandwidth? between 1.75 and 1.5 is usually a good choice to get "maximally flat" response