Thread: CubicPack3...
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 04:14 AM   #39
puddi
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubic13 View Post
I'm afraid that, beside suggesting you to use a little more bright colors, I won't be able to help you, unless you are ready for another rtconfig.txt tweak. Indeed, there is an issue in this case, but it's the same thing in the original. So, I could diminish the color contrast for the label background, but the problem is that there is no less than 53 instances of the involved graphic file, in 8 different versions corresponding to the tracks types, this only for the mixer. In a less extended way, it's the same problem for the tcp. And I'd rather keep the true color appearance for this. So, another solution is to change the tracks label color in the mixer : the procedure is the same as the one described in my previous post, but this time, you'll have to modify this line (#366) :

set mcp.label.color [16 18 20 255]

to get labels close to white, i.e.:

set mcp.label.color [236 240 244 255]

Worth a test, maybe, but I'm afraid that this will be only a partial solution as more or less the same issue is going to appear, this time for bright track colors. Sorry, not being able to help more...
Ah, I see. It seems Reaper is smarter regarding this on the TCP where the text dynamically changes brightness on contrasting backgrounds.

I guess an alternative could be to only have the color showing in the header box in the MCP and not in the track label box. That would also reflect the TCP better since there all the label backgrounds are one neutral color while the track color only shows in the header. Right now it's almost the opposite behavior in the MCP. Not sure if that's just how Reaper works or if it can be fixed.

Last edited by puddi; 08-05-2019 at 04:19 AM.
puddi is offline   Reply With Quote