View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 02:11 AM   #3
Kitarraman
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjyO View Post
1. Download it to your computer, install and run it.
2. You'll see its icon in your tray bar (if you're on Windows like me - don't know where it pops out on a Mac) and you can close it from there after you're done with it. For now you need it running though because it will serve as a mediator between TouchOSC and REAPER.
3. Go to REAPER.
4. There you need to configure your track to receive these messages.
4.1. Before that though, I believe that for the first time you need to enable TouchOSC Bridge in your MIDI devices (REAPER Preferences>Audio>MIDI Devices) if it's not already enabled by default when it's running - I'm not sure because I've done it quite some time ago - be sure to check it for yourself. If you don't see it there in the list of your MIDI devices, be sure to check it's running (tray bar) and then click the "Reset all MIDI devices" button which will rescan those which are available. As you might've guessed from everything written so far TouchOSC Bridge acts in REAPER as a MIDI device - like any other MIDI controller.
5. When you are sure that it's available and enabled, go to the track which should receive MIDI messages sent from TouchOSC and arm it.
6. Right-click on the track's input control and set its input to "Input: MIDI">"TouchOSC Bridge">"All channels" or "channel 1" in your case (judging from the channels you chose in your TouchOSC layout). You might've noticed that this is the same procedure as setting up a MIDI keyboard.
7. If you want REAPER to also send MIDI messages back to the TouchOSC app you also need to configure a MIDI Hardware Output send.
7.1. Open this track's routing and add a MIDI Hardware Output to TouchOSC Bridge. Now this track can also send MIDI messages back to the TouchOSC app.
Hi Benjy, thank you for your thorough explanation. I already did all the things you told in your reply, so I went to check each step again. Everything was already set the way you told, but weirdly enough now it started working. Enabling a MIDI Output send, as you recommended made the faders move in the app. I noticed that I need to route a MIDI output one track at the time otherwise TouchOSC will start to behave weirdly.
Kitarraman is offline   Reply With Quote