Thread: Reaper wins!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 06:25 PM   #22
sinkmusic
Human being with feelings

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Evans
Another reminder that from his holiday hideaway Justin did raise his head and say he was having some second thoughts on midi (or words to that effect).
Yes, but maybe the dev team should have never released an update (v1,34) claiming to "vastly improve midi" while none of the 5 big reported bugs have been fixed.

holidays = not working, and i respect that a lot
So, why releasing something if you're on holiday, and mainly to release a version where i really can't see what has been improved (except a nearly hidden "save as" in the midi editor : thank you for that, but this is not a "big" thing deserving to be labelled "vastly improved"...). I'm really waiting for Justin coming back from holiday and at last taking midi into consideration, for real.
Since nearly one year now Midi has been reported as buggy by users, and did not got 5% of the care the audio side did benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
the worst midi implementation ever!
hehe...
the worst thing here is not that it is indeed true, it is that it is not funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbe
I would simply say that, unforunately, I cannot use Reaper for MIDI, even for a basic beat...
seconded.

BTW, i'm glad to read comments from Dln, EnzymeX, Malcolm, as they keep being optimistic.
I must say i am myself tired about spending time reporting bugs, (the same old ones since months and months, and always hearing "don't worry, it is coming soon, keep cool". We're far away from the beta stage now, and as i estimate i have done more than what i had to do about "user feedback", and that i don't need to ask for anything else since what i already reported as not working had never been fixed, i will stick to what i requested to make midi work at last, and jsut wait for facts, no more promises or announcements.
When the "top 5 bugs" will have been fixed, Reaper will be still far far far from being "killer" on the midi side, it will have just make one step ahead, and will have become "operational" at last, not good, just average, like a 10 years old program.
Then, maybe that mdii improvements will become as quick as audio development, and then, I'll get confident again and Reaper will have good chances to be liked for both audio and midi by many users....
So, i will just try not to put my dark side on every word i write about midi in this forum, and wait untill real improvements and fixing is here.

Last edited by sinkmusic; 11-03-2006 at 06:41 PM.
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote